Email notifications

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have two emails: Company (Exchange) and Gmail. Both are pinned to the start screen and show notifications on the Lock screen. Company email notifications disappear after reading, but Gmail still shows numbers on the start screen and the lock screen. Why is that?

Thanks

gsjansen

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
You can try unpinning the gmail tile from the start screen, and then repinning it back. That resolved my issue with my exchange email notifications I was having.

However my issues were regarding the notifications on the start screen only, which I resolved as indicated above, I never had an issue with the notifications on the lock screen.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Seems to be a gmail thing. I had 3 seperate emails set up, the G mail would never clear notifications.

Now keep my hotmail on its own and have my old apple icloud email and the gmail account linked together. Works fine now. Not ideal, as rather have them seperate, but these are accounts are quiet compared to my main hotmail acc.

revolvet

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by off? What's off? If I have read all new emails why it still shows 15?

Notification in Action Center is set to 'off' by default. This means that there'll no sound and banner notification, but tile number is still on. Each email account, e.g. Hotmail and Yahoo, can be set differently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon