Lumia 950 camera indoor quality issues

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I have a strange situation with my camera results on my 950 when shooting indoors with artificial lightning. Photos come out like too much hdr was applied, like were darkened somehow although rich capture is off. I can see the photo looking fine but after a few secs the post processing is applying some sort of hdr or something that results in a worst looking picture. any ideas?
Image here: nKuramh.jpg

Con Georgiadis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have a strange situation with my camera results on my 950 when shooting indoors with artificial lightning. Photos come out like too much hdr was applied, like were darkened somehow although rich capture is off. I can see the photo looking fine but after a few secs the post processing is applying some sort of hdr or something that results in a worst looking picture. any ideas?
Image here: View attachment 119500

auto has very bad jpeg processing.
Try manual.Take the same photo with these settings
iso=200
shutter=auto
exposure = -1

David Benavides

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issues. the photos have very dark accents throughout the photos when rich capture is OFF and everything AUTO.
when I compare photos between my Lumia 950 and Lumia 1020, I do feel the 1020 is still better overall. only because they look more natural and real. whereas the photos on the 950 can look sharper or crisper, they also look over processed and unreal.

I believe the AUTO setting in the 950 needs ALOT of improvements. another concern I have is the inability to freeze photographs ( which the 1020 does beautifully EVERYTIME (with flash on, of course)

lets bring these issues up to MS.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issues. the photos have very dark accents throughout the photos when rich capture is OFF and everything AUTO.
when I compare photos between my Lumia 950 and Lumia 1020, I do feel the 1020 is still better overall. only because they look more natural and real. whereas the photos on the 950 can look sharper or crisper, they also look over processed and unreal.

I believe the AUTO setting in the 950 needs ALOT of improvements. another concern I have is the inability to freeze photographs ( which the 1020 does beautifully EVERYTIME (with flash on, of course)

lets bring these issues up to MS.

try and use manual WB and iso 200 indoor. tried it and most of the problems were solved.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Firmware 15506 and os .63 seem to fix all these camera issues on 950xl. If you're on at&t you'll have to wait unfortunately it try manual settings. Try proshot app trial. You can't save the images but you can view the outcome. It's a great camera app.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 830 and to me the posprocessing of windows camera looks the same like on the Lumia camera 5 = oversharpening, more noise, extreme contrast and so on. I wish we still have Lumia camera classic on Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos