Has anyone been locked out of their 950 after taking out the sim card?

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I took out the sim in my 950 to use in another phone, when I put the sim back in the 950 it Locked me out for security reasons and said to power up the phone for at least 2 hrs and restart again. I tried that and it wouldn't unlock. So I figured I would let it charge overnight and try again in the morning.
Thank The Lord it opened up. I have had this happen a couple of times already, but this time it took longer to unlock. It's a real inconvenience though, as I don't want to get a third line for my older 925.

Sorry if this has already been posted. I tried to find a similar thread but didn't come across one.
Is this some new security feature with win10?
Never experienced this with my other phones.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Now that my month wait is over and I was able to reset my password. I no longer have the problem of getting locked out when I swap my sim out.

Was my question a stupid one that no one replied? I am not an IT tech or programmer or software engineer, so pardon my ignorance.

Just a regular Joe trying to make the best use and to get the most of the L950.

i_hiker

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Picked up my 950 on November 20. Within a day or two I got the same message and was locked out of my device. I never removed the SIM and have no clue what might have caused the lockout. Overnight charge and the 950 was back up and running. Only happened the one time. Given my experience, removing the SIM might not be the only cause of the lockout.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Picked up my 950 on November 20. Within a day or two I got the same message and was locked out of my device. I never removed the SIM and have no clue what might have caused the lockout. Overnight charge and the 950 was back up and running. Only happened the one time. Given my experience, removing the SIM might not be the only cause of the lockout.

Thanks for the response. It was just odd to me and actually very inconvenient. I'm glad I had a backup though.
I'm wondering now if my password reset solved the issue ,because I have removed it and put it back a few times and don't have the issue anymore.
Anyway enjoying win10 on the 950. Would never go back to my old L925 with 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12