What is your battery drain?

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
My phone is also about 2 weeks old - I am getting about 4% drain per hour.
It started off at about 8%.
Don't worry about the percentage the screen is using - in fact the higher the better (if you think about it). I have turned off a lot of background processes (though not all and have screen brightness at 25%). My screen used to be about 65% of battery usage and it is now 78%.
that makes no sense because most of he time my screen i off. If the screen is the cause of my battery woes. I might as well return it.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Does the 950 XL last longer in real world use as its battery is larger?

My 1520 lasts longer then my 950 for sure. (8.1 OS though)

Sorry I'm not interested in changing my habits to make up for inadequate battery capacity.

I do have multiple qi chargers at home and at my office so I can try to keep it charged during the day and that has been doing ok.

-m

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I Maxed out everything, what a newbie... will try what you recommended.
Oh... and I thinking on reinstalling GTA, I need advice, when installing those 2.5GB screen always goes to sleep and it stops installing, I want just to leave it and let it install.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
By the way, like I said I am on .36 and new firmware and have huge battery drain, even with lots of tweaking on saving.
So I Have a Question, when reinstalling firmware on Recovery tool, does it reinstall, reset OS too? or is there other way?

ajprmaverick

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
So the new firmware doesn't improve battery life unlike what was reported in WinbetaI, I knew it was false especially when people saying they are downloading the firm but not actually confirming if it did improve the battery life

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I Maxed out everything, what a newbie... will try what you recommended.
Oh... and I thinking on reinstalling GTA, I need advice, when installing those 2.5GB screen always goes to sleep and it stops installing, I want just to leave it and let it install.

Is this installation from the Windows Store or in-game add-on?

The Windows Store must install in the background unless you disabled it in Battery Saver.

If it's in-game, you should blame the developer for not making the downloading component a background service rather than part of the main app.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Is this installation from the Windows Store or in-game add-on?

The Windows Store must install in the background unless you disabled it in Battery Saver.

If it's in-game, you should blame the developer for not making the downloading component a background service rather than part of the main app.

Luckily you only need to tap the screen every 5-10% and you'll be fine, maybe even less if you have fast WiFi. If the screen does go blank it still remembers your download progress so it's only really a small inconvenience.

Not that a full reinstall is needed anyway. From day one the game was only officially supported for half a dozen Windows phones so I don't think anyone should expect the game to work flawlessly. Back around launch it was the 720/1080 screens that had the most trouble, and now we're using QHD...

(apologies for the off topic as well, just wanting to help.)

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Luckily you only need to tap the screen every 5-10% and you'll be fine, maybe even less if you have fast WiFi. If the screen does go blank it still remembers your download progress so it's only really a small inconvenience.

I am frustrated already by reinstalling it on Lumia 950, it is slow, even when I have fast and quality WiFi, but when installing, always getting "Please check your network connection" and have to tap yes to resume almost every minute, seems like it is not even downloading, while network works just fine, on phone and pc, maybe it is server problems that it is downloading from, second day and I am on 25%...

Remember installing it the past, had same issue, but only on 80% to 100% and had only to resume just few times and it completed. Now it is every minute, and downloading only 1-2% a hour. Have no idea WiFi is fine, maybe messed up some setting on phone, no idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786