Anyone still not getting the 950 XL firmware update?

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
What's an 'official' USB Type-C cable? It is an industry standard, unlike Apple's lightning cables. No licensing required, so don't think you are going see Made for WP on much. You can of course get good cables and crummy cables. Picked up a few things at Amazon, and had good like with a company called TechMatte. Got some USB A to C cables, some micro to USB-C adapters (for charging). Hadn't looked but Amazon Basics products always seem decent and well priced.

Exactly. WC also ran an article with some USB-C cables they tested. I purchased a few of those.

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
but, with this method you have to reload all applications, reenter all passwords, and is very time-consuming

Very true...however, that is what MS is providing. Unfortunately, its not as easy as we all want it to be. So, I set aside the 1.5 hours to perform the hard reset, install new firmware, perform backup integration from .36 and reenter all passwords. That being said, i have had the new firmware installed for 24 hours...100% battery after phone back to normal (passwords entered/apps working/all setting set to my specs) and i can say i still have 43% battery left. With hey cortana ON and iris ON...the only thing i still have off is the skype integration in messaging...(turned that off prior to firmware to help battery and it did).

All in all, I cannot say I agree with putting out a less than stellar flagship phone with many beta issue on beta software, however, I am willing to wait out the issues rather than resort to becoming an ios/android robot:)

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
What's an 'official' USB Type-C cable? It is an industry standard, unlike Apple's lightning cables. No licensing required, so don't think you are going see Made for WP on much. You can of course get good cables and crummy cables. Picked up a few things at Amazon, and had good like with a company called TechMatte. Got some USB A to C cables, some micro to USB-C adapters (for charging). Hadn't looked but Amazon Basics products always seem decent and well priced.

Actually it kinda does matter it seems. Like I bought these anker usb c to usb c cables primarily for my car charger, they work for data but they DON'T work for the continuum dock. I'm guessing cause they are not usb3.1 spec but at the time I didn't find easily a usb3.1 for decent price.

They're are so many factors to consider, like are they built properly, for what speed you need it for blah blah :) Official would be nice to take out the research and guess work

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Actually it kinda does matter it seems. Like I bought these anker usb c to usb c cables primarily for my car charger, they work for data but they DON'T work for the continuum dock. I'm guessing cause they are not usb3.1 spec but at the time I didn't find easily a usb3.1 for decent price.

They're are so many factors to consider, like are they built properly, for what speed you need it for blah blah :) Official would be nice to take out the research and guess work

Prep for Lumia 950 & Lumia 950 XL: USB Type C ? What is it and what to buy | Windows Central

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So... don't know if this is news but I just got a new preview update and downloading now
At least something is coming!

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
No, I couldn't get the newest firmware update since I was on .36 inside preview

Hmm...I just checked right now and seems I'm able to download and install the newest Insider OS .63. I'm not yet 100% yet, my phone is on spinning gears after reset but this is the furthest it's gone after the firmware update. I'll keep you guys posted. Again, of note, I have the newest firmware on my 950XL and in the process of updating to the newest Insider OS .63.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Still no firmware but the .63 preview update is working fine, in conclusion a solid housekeeping update, glad to know that they are working on usability of Cortana and bluetooth functions. I also swapped out my Samsung microSD card to SanDisk Ultra 128GB that claims to have 80MB/s 533X speed. Hopefully will improve photo taking speed and other things (they're originally pretty good too)

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am not getting firmware updates or newest Insider OS updates. Is it something wrong with my phone? I am on ATT, unlocked, dual SIM.

Thanks

Virtual Enigma

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I'd reboot and crashing issues while the sd card was inside with the os version xx.36. So I took the it out and it has been working fine. My current firmware version is 01078.0017.15454.29005 and no sd card inside. I'm now on the new insider update xxxx.63, but yet to received the new firmware. update. .

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there even a theoretical explanation why my phone is not getting Insider update?

You actually signed up, signed in, downloaded and installed the insider app, and have chosen the fast ring. Amd then rebooted your phone, and then check for updates as normal?

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have it 950 XL. It has been rock solid. No reboot. Only bug I've notice is the Outlook Mail account out of date that everyone is getting. Works fine with microSD card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss