How can I get my phone out of a bootloop?

kevin skytte

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Why does my phone stuck in a bootloop?

I have a lumia 1020 that i received 2 years ago. i kept it nice and took good care of it. but 3 months ago i tried to update it to windows 10, but i didn't like it so much and got troubled with lots of bugs. so i "factory reset" my phone, so i could return to windows 8.1 again, i came across some kind of spinning gears when reseting. i thought everything would go on, but it semt like to stuck in 30 minuttes(my bet). Later it shutdown, and begin the update process again. i can't shudownt the phone it the condition, only soft, hard. etc resets works, and when i use one of them. there appears a "low battery sign" that means i have to plug the the charger, afterward it goes back to the the spinning gears, and that is the bootloop. i tried many alternative solutions as the "key combination" or "programs on pc that reset the phone" my phone won't sync with the pc as it should do. it only charge. Now i simply don't know what to do.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does my phone stuck in a bootloop?

You'll have to use Windows Device Recovery Tool and select the option "My phone is not detected". And do charge your phone this time :)

kevin skytte

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for response. But it won't work when i try to sync my phone with my pc, there pops a nofitication up and says the device won't connect probably, i tried different computers but it still Seem like it won't work, but only charge. I guess it is a deadend :/

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

You can give this a shot. Download Nokia Product Support Tool for Store. The download the firmware for your variant (if its AT&T then use the Product Code (059S9T1) using Navifirm+. Once you have these, look for instructions online for "how to dead flash Lumia". Instructions can be found here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...after-reset-flash-process-defined-inside.html Do not download Navifirm+ and Product Support Tool from the links posted in the source above, download the latest version from different websites.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

glad you tried to help me, but nothing seems to work, i'm just gonna get rid of it soon i guess :/
Well if you want to get rid of it then that's your choice. If you want to use it then let me know, I can probably fix it for you for free if you're in the US.

kevin skytte

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

Guys i did a last try and it worked it was battery, i just needed to replace it with another, unfortunaly i lost some data, that i didn't backup beforehand, However thank you guys for your suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills