Purchasing a Lumia Icon from Ebay

goodsit2

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
After a long, drawn out fiasco with Amazon in which I purchased a Lumia Icon and now are telling me are out of stock for the indefinite future, I am turning towards eBay for my purchase.

I have looked at multiple sellers, but I was wondering if anyone has already purchased a device through eBay and can let me know which vendors provided good/bad experience. Does not have to be about the Lumia Icon, but this is preferable.

Any other hints/advice is welcomed as well!

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
You can look at about any seller. With eBay's "not as described" policy, you can always do a return if the item is not in the described condition, the ESN is not clear, etc.

I try to stay with ones that have lots of pictures, and look at them carefully. That way, if there is a problem, there is documentation of what you bought. When I sell, I try to describe it fully, and include lots of pics, for seller protection purposes.

I have had several buyers open a case complaining of a defect, when the defect was described and pictured. I will win that case on appeal, if I choose to not want the return.

So, look at pics carefully, as they are your biggest ally if you have a problem. I bought a couple of iPhone 6's for the kids for Christmas, and two of them came from sellers with 0 feedback (their first sale). All was good.

eBay is about buyers, not sellers. Check feedback, find the price and condition you want, and don't worry about it. Test it when you get it, and live happily ever after.

goodsit2

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
You can look at about any seller. With eBay's "not as described" policy, you can always do a return if the item is not in the described condition, the ESN is not clear, etc.

I try to stay with ones that have lots of pictures, and look at them carefully. That way, if there is a problem, there is documentation of what you bought. When I sell, I try to describe it fully, and include lots of pics, for seller protection purposes.

I have had several buyers open a case complaining of a defect, when the defect was described and pictured. I will win that case on appeal, if I choose to not want the return.

So, look at pics carefully, as they are your biggest ally if you have a problem. I bought a couple of iPhone 6's for the kids for Christmas, and two of them came from sellers with 0 feedback (their first sale). All was good.

eBay is about buyers, not sellers. Check feedback, find the price and condition you want, and don't worry about it. Test it when you get it, and live happily ever after.

I guess my biggest worry is purchasing an item with a faulty battery and not finding out within a reasonable time frame. Thanks for all the info!! :)

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I guess my biggest worry is purchasing an item with a faulty battery and not finding out within a reasonable time frame. Thanks for all the info!! :)

Faulty batteries are no big deal, even if it comes up. Honesty, as a seller, I test them, but not for extended periods of time. If the battery was slow to charge, heats up, or very fast to discharge, I would find that. If it's an extended time thing, not likely I would because I don't put most of the phones I get into service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon