Finally given up

Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So ive finally given up on my Lumia 950XL it just restarted the 4th time today 2 yesterday and several other times I have the latest updates except the new firmware update but ive had enough and so ill return it and stick with my 640XL and green L1520 for now I love my 950XL but too many problems right now maybe I have a defective unit when I get to the MS store tomorrow ill see what they say.

nycny

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I took a trip to the NYC Microsoft store this week for an issue with USB port on my SP3.
While at the store, I got to touch the 950 and 950XL. Other than age, there wasn't anything that impressed over my 1520.3.

damonator98

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Because, well, there isn't anything special in it over 1520 in the outside exept maybe triple led camera, smaller screen and worse (in my opinion) design. In the inside it has more horse power, but in the real world and not "vs" type comparisons on paper, that power is not that needed because wp (wm in 950/XL) is not that resource thirsty. And continuum at the moment for me looks like more of a thing to brag about than to really use one. If 950 had intel processor, continuum could be a hell of a feature, but now it's more of a niche thing for certain situations only.

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
It is still under warranty, I would just exchange it for another one. Sounds to me yours is defective. I still have my L1520 but no longer using it because it is now outdated.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Yup, i'd try an exchange first. In a month of ownership i have had 2 random reboots. Once while in the messaging application and another while unlocking the screen.

Electronics are not perfect and remember it could be an application you are using that is running that can cause issues.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Yup, i'd try an exchange first. In a month of ownership i have had 2 random reboots. Once while in the messaging application and another while unlocking the screen.

Electronics are not perfect and remember it could be an application you are using that is running that can cause issues.

Well said. People keep looking for problems with their devices (although there are people who have genuine, unusual issues) when in reality the problems they're seeing are just problems with technology in general. Technology isn't perfect, especially since the people who make your technology have to account for an infinite number of possibilities and combinations of different factors, all of which could potentially lead to issues under the right circumstances. Absolutely anything could be causing an issue with anything you're using, and the majority of the time it's not an inherent issue with the operating system, but rather a unique combination of user error and outlying factors.

rkamp

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Typically I have had this rebooting issue when the phone is trying to connect over WIFI to a 5 GHz network. When I turn my 5 GHz network off on my router, my Lumia 950XL never reboots. This has been discussed on other forums here, but I can relate to your frustration.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I would do the firmware update if you're below 15454. I noticed a lot of users complaining are on 15452. Firmware is powerful for improving issues. A lot of people on 15506 are reporting great battery. I still haven't gotten that one. I wonder if MS store can update it for you if you're not getting the update. That would be cool.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Buying a Lumia is like picking out a pair of socks that match on the first attempt. When they do, its great. When they don't, you dress like a nerd.

RicKaysen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Reboots while using a phone are unacceptable. It can be more than an inconvenience and could conceivably become dangerous. Imagine it happening while calling 911. I haven't had a cell phone randomly reboot since my old Palm Treo and I've owned dozens of different phones since then without that problem. In the very short time I owned my 950XL it rebooted twice. I got rid of it for other reasons, but if I saw that become a pattern, it would have been another reason to dump it.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
FWIW if you read the warnings in the back of any mobile phone operating manual, it will warn you NOT to rely on a mobile device as your only option to make an emergency call.

RicKaysen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Lawyer boilerplate that has long since been eclipsed by technological progress. Considering the percentage of people who now rely solely on a cell phone, that warning seems quaint

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
& when the networks get turned off by the powers that be say during a terrorist incident, Who you gonna call? No body using a mobile phone.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
What? The same can be said for any electronic device. My lumias are working fine always.
Yes that is true. But we are talking about the Lumia brand and not any device. I have had several Lumias. My first was the 900. It took 3 cross ships to get one that worked. Took my wife 2 cross ships. Then came my 920. 2 cross ships on that. My wife had one than abandoned the platform shortly after. As I said, if and when you get a good one, its a beautiful thing. Nothing beats em. But its getting to the one that works is an exercise in patience. Real talk.

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes that is true. But we are talking about the Lumia brand and not any device. I have had several Lumias. My first was the 900. It took 3 cross ships to get one that worked. Took my wife 2 cross ships. Then came my 920. 2 cross ships on that. My wife had one than abandoned the platform shortly after. As I said, if and when you get a good one, its a beautiful thing. Nothing beats em. But its getting to the one that works is an exercise in patience. Real talk.

As I said it is called technology.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
No its not. Its called a badly built Lumia. Will you quit arguing for the hell of arguing.
No, it's technology. It happens with a percentage of every brand. EVERY brand. I have yet to purchase a Lumia that did not work properly out of the box. But that doesn't mean that I'm na?ve enough to think that everyone is as fortunate as I have been.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb