Strange issue with LUmia 950 when talking on the phone

mrnorth123

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

I just got a Lumia 950 and it works fine with none of the bugs reported here (so far). There is one thing that is extremly annoying and that is that if I press phone, and call someone using the keypad, or if I answer an incoming call, I put the phone to the ear and talk, and when I remove it during a conversation because I want to turn on speaker, the screen is black. I touch the screen and nothing happens. I have to press the power button tu turn on the screen and then I just get to the "enter pin" menu.

Extremly strange if you ask me, none of this happened on my previous Lumia 720.

Is this a bug? Or is it the screen that powers down for some reason? I have confirmed that the battery saving feature is turned OFF but still the screen turns off after 1 minute or so if I just leave the phone on the table.

Please advice! I want the scren to turn off when I move it to my ear, but turn on when I look at the screen.

/H

mrnorth123

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I did some more testing, and the behavior is pretty consistant, every time I enter phone app and trying to call someone, either by pressing quick dial or entering a phone number, the screen turns black, and I can't get it back until after the call has ended.

WTF?

/H

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like an issue with the proximity sensor? Had something similar on my 930 when the screen had lifted amd made the sensor think it was covered all the time.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
... if I press phone, and call someone using the keypad, or if I answer an incoming call, I put the phone to the ear and talk, and when I remove it during a conversation because I want to turn on speaker, the screen is black. I touch the screen and nothing happens. I have to press the power button tu turn on the screen and then I just get to the "enter pin" menu.
The exact same thing happens on my 1520 on the insider preview, so either we have the same hardware issue or it's a Windows 10 bug. I suspect it's the latter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99