Your phone's settings or the SIM card have changed

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm on an ATT branded phone, I received the reboot message and clicked restart later. Went to sim settings and took a screenshot. The setting is there but hidden... When I rebooted the setting was gone.wp_ss_20160303_0001.jpgwp_ss_20160303_0002.jpg

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have dual sim on ATT. Just got a firmware update, then the sim settings reboot. I have never even looked, so I don?t know if I had it before or not. I am intrigued now. I suppose I?ll try the sim out/reboot/back in trick described above and see what it says.

Is this setting under sim settings? Found where it is. We?ll see if it works.

InsGadget

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I have dual sim on ATT. Just got a firmware update, then the sim settings reboot. I have never even looked, so I don’t know if I had it before or not. I am intrigued now. I suppose I’ll try the sim out/reboot/back in trick described above and see what it says.

Is this setting under sim settings? Found where it is. We’ll see if it works.
Don't believe any 950 except the AT&T-branded one support this. So your dual SIM 950 is out of luck.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok. after the latest Phone app update ver: 2.15.25005.0 on a AT&T branded 950, I had to repeat the above procedure to get: Enhanced 4G LTE Services----->option to show up and be 'On'....success..:excited:

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Same here, guys. It happens every one or two weeks once. Not that anoying, but still. I will try giving Microsoft my feedback now.

Lumia 950, Dual SIM.

I only have one SIM and is not that old.

I had my micro to nano SIM cut to fit thing though.

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully the upcoming OTA firmware version 01078.00053.16236.35005 solves this!

Changelog states "cellular connectivity improvements"...

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Good news. My Lumia 950 (B&H Photo Dual SIM unlocked) was updated last night with the firmware 01078.00053.16236.35005 and I can now confirm the issue is gone. The "L" indicator on the top left of the Start screen has now become "4G" which has always been my operator's sign of LTE connection. Expect no more restart prompts, guys. Changelog was spot on.

Double tap to wake is here too, of course.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Good news. My Lumia 950 (B&H Photo Dual SIM unlocked) was updated last night with the firmware 01078.00053.16236.35005 and I can now confirm the issue is gone. The "L" indicator on the top left of the Start screen has now become "4G" which has always been my operator's sign of LTE connection. Expect no more restart prompts, guys. Changelog was spot on.

Double tap to wake is here too, of course.

I also updated my firmware I have Lumia 950 Dual SIM unlocked from Microsoft Store, after updating firmware,i got message few times, I then took sim out ,booted up phone without sim, then I placed it back in,just got message that access point settings are not in if I want to use data plan,i closed that message, never got back since, but also I opted into the Insider Fast ring cause I wanted to help give feedback for Skype Preview UWP, so that's my experience with it guys

suejameson1

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
After the sim card change pop up notice, I lose the ability to speak my text messages or email messages. The microphone icon disappears. but, if I do a factory reset,
which is a pain, the microphone icon works again until the next sim card pop up....really a pain. Anybody else having the same problem?

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
After the sim card change pop up notice, I lose the ability to speak my text messages or email messages. The microphone icon disappears. but, if I do a factory reset,
which is a pain, the microphone icon works again until the next sim card pop up....really a pain. Anybody else having the same problem?

I did another reset by using WDRT and went back on production build*.494) and off of insiders,also clean start no backups, sim card msg popped up, I turned off phone, took out sim card,started up phone without it, then turn off phone and put back in, noticed same thing like you ,don't have microphone speech icon when keyboard is up but I never really looked into it, i'll check speech settings and see if I have to download any, I live in Caribbean, region is set to Guyana and not USA,i doubt it's a region setting, but i'll check it and get back to post and let you know. Also never got back your phone sim settings have changed message ever again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6