950 upgrade with "loading...' message for over one hour - is this right?

mikewarner

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I've just bought a Lumia 950 (dual SIM) and am in the process of setting it up. I note the os build is 10.0.10586.0 and want to upgrade so I've downloaded Windows Insider app and selected Fast Insider option, phone rebooted and I get the message "Loading.." along with blue dots indicating (?) something happening. This has been going on for over one (1) hour.

My question to those who have successfully upgraded is did you wait this long or longer before you saw something to tell you an upgraded had loaded or was being installed? It seems a long time waiting without any result. Should I do a hard reset and start over again?

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Try doing a soft reset first. Hold down power until it shuts off, then continue holding for 5 seconds after that. Release and press again to start back up. If that doesn't work, try holding down Volume Down and Power for 15 seconds - phone should restart.

mikewarner

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I actually did a hard reset before I read this and, hey presto, have now got two os updates (up to 10.0.10586.36) and the latest firmware update!

I really do find it strange or irritating that I've spent at least 6 hours getting to this stage and it's only websites like this and knowledgeable people that have allowed me to proceed. Where is Microsoft's software nous, QA brilliance and customer support? It seems to me that they handed it to a bunch of students and said get on with it. That said I'm now enjoying my first trip around Windows 10 Mobile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs