Car Bluetooth conversations drop

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the 640 on the latest build .36 connected via Bluetooth to a 2016 Subaru Legacy. I have this annoying problem of the Bluetooth disconnecting during conversations. I will be talking to the other person, then I hear the radio kick on since it senses the conversation ended. However, the person is still on the line, just disconnected from Bluetooth.

I am still playing around with different settings. I know sometimes WiFi can interfere since it is also on the 2.4Ghz frequency. Also, I have a Microsoft Band 2 which is constantly connected to the 640 while the Subaru's Bluetooth is also.

If anyone has any suggestions, please share, else I'll update if I find a solution.

gurdas

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I am having the same issue between my Lumia 640 (Win 8.1) and car CD receiver. The bluetooth drops every 1-2 minutes even while I am playing music or talking on the phone. It reconnects automatically within 5-6 seconds.

Did you find a solution?

Thanks,
Gurdas

gurdas

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Update: The bluetooth disconnect issue went away if I say NO to synchronizing my contacts. I have a couple thousand contacts on my hone, so it might be because of the size. But worth a try if you are having the same issue. Delete the bluetootth connection/profile and reconnect. When asked if you wish to transfer contacts to the car radio, say NO.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Update: The build out today in the Fast Ring for Redstone (14371) is relevant here.

We fixed an issue that could result in the first word of spoken directions over Bluetooth getting clipped. We also fixed an issue that could result in no sound being heard over certain Bluetooth speakers despite seemingly functioning media controls, and improved general reliability of Bluetooth connection with cars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos