Lumia 950 build issue after 2 weeks usage.

Aamod Potdar

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I own a Lumia 950. I have been using it for almost 2 weeks now. What I have noticed is , bit of build issue on top half of the phone. When I tap on near the ear phone section , I hear a sound as if something is lose inside. Even if I shake the phone , I can hear as if something is gone lose inside the device.

I have removed the cover , battery and tried , still the sound remains. I am going to take to MS service center to get it checked, but wanted to know if anyone of you here has faced any build issue.

And yes , i havent dropped my phone even once. Its not affecting the my phone usage , but the OCD in me wont let me ignore that build issue.

sp3cim3n

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes definitely a build issue. I'm experiencing the same behaviour. Its the headphone jack rattling. To test, insert a headphone plug and apply gentle pressure toward the front or back of the phone, no more rattle!
Flagship devices are full of surprises......

Aamod Potdar

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes definitely a build issue. I'm experiencing the same behaviour. Its the headphone jack rattling. To test, insert a headphone plug and apply gentle pressure toward the front or back of the phone, no more rattle!
Flagship devices are full of surprises......

So finally took my phone to nearest MS service center. They service guy said that all he can do is deassemble and assemble back to fix any lose screws. He also did not have spare 950 around to compare (wasnt unexpected)

He found out that issue was due to camera did not have enough packing. So basically , camera chip or assembly keeps hitting the plastic body just behind it making the clickety sound. He did not any packing material to fix that sound. Gave it back to me after assembling it back.

I think I will try to report issue with the design team (if i can).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa