640 Phone crashing

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
My phone has been starting to have an odd problem. I go to start the phone and you would think the battery is dead as it wont start. Even if you take the battery out.
The only way to start the phone then is to plug it in and it shows the the battery loading icon and that is all it shows. Then if you start the phone it will start and the battery will be at 85% or whatever it was before it crashed. Then it will be fine. I recently upgraded to win 10 but this problem happened
a couple of times before with win 8.1. It has happened maybe 3 or 4 times but always when I need the phone the most.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone think this might be a problem with the battery circuitry that a new battery would fix it. It happens every 4-5 days

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes that that is when I updated to W10 since I had to do a hard reset anyway. Because doing a hard reset I thought that would fix the problem when on W8.1. So I hard reset downloaded W10 then Hard reset again and reloaded everything from scratch. I would get a new battery if it would solve the problem for sure but that's €25.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've had random reboots lately with my 640. Never had the problem on 8.1 or 10 in the past, until recent weeks. Seems to add in an extra reboot every day, getting just a bit worse every day I use the phone.

I finally figured out when it all started. It started right after I had purchased a new replacement battery for the phone. Swapped the battery out again, and problem solved.

It could be an issue with the battery some how. It seemed to be the issue with mine.

boonesmi

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I've had random reboots lately with my 640. Never had the problem on 8.1 or 10 in the past, until recent weeks. Seems to add in an extra reboot every day, getting just a bit worse every day I use the phone.

I finally figured out when it all started. It started right after I had purchased a new replacement battery for the phone. Swapped the battery out again, and problem solved.

It could be an issue with the battery some how. It seemed to be the issue with mine.

did you try cleaning the contact points on the new battery, what you describe sounds like bad connection between battery and the pins on the phone.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
did you try cleaning the contact points on the new battery, what you describe sounds like bad connection between battery and the pins on the phone.

Nice to see people here jump in to be so helpful. That was my first thought, actually.

I'm quite accomplished in electronics, since the early 1970s. Yes, and the contacts are perfect. Nothing bent, out of shape, dirty, or anything. It looks exactly like a brand-new battery off the assembly line. "Appears" to be in perfect condition.

However, I left it on a tester that has a "history meter" hooked up to my laptop for monitoring, and found that at several points throughout the day, it just loses capacitance for a few moments. Not sure why, but it's a faulty battery. I've had it for about 5 weeks, and will see if it can be replaced. It's just a backup for when I travel, and I'm not sure why I started using it full time, other than thinking, "Better make sure it works before I really need it."

Could be a connection bad on the inside, I don't really know. Don't plan to disassemble, just get a replacement.

But yes, it does sound like a bad connection. Just not between the battery and pins on the phone in my case.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Well, update to .71 and you will see a huge improvement, My 640 has only dropped around 35% from 0600 to 1500 with a few calls whatsapp and email checking...

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Crap it happened again yesterday at work the phone crashed and would not start up again without plugging it in. I cleaned the battery contacts with alcohol if that doesn't work might have to get a new battery.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Crap it happened again yesterday at work the phone crashed and would not start up again without plugging it in. I cleaned the battery contacts with alcohol if that doesn't work might have to get a new battery.

or if your still under warranty get the device replaced... I think you have received a bad device...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon