Worried about the Mozo cover and heat

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Through some research it appears polycarbonate is a much better thermal conductor than leather. Leather is really poor with thermal conduction. So that means that it is more likely to hold heat internally letting the phone to heat up more than it should. Has anyone had issues with this? A friend bought one for me for xmas though it's still on route. I think I may keep the polycarbonate for regular use and maybe use the mozo when going out somewhere where little heavy usage will occur.

Dlothenb

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a 950 XL and have had the brown leather Mozo back on it for almost a month. I absolutely love this back and have had zero issues with the phone heating up. I don't use the phone to play games very often and I haven't used it much with Continuum so my usage may not generate much heat but for me with regular use I have had zero issues with heating up.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Through some research it appears polycarbonate is a much better thermal conductor than leather. Leather is really poor with thermal conduction. So that means that it is more likely to hold heat internally letting the phone to heat up more than it should. Has anyone had issues with this? A friend bought one for me for xmas though it's still on route. I think I may keep the polycarbonate for regular use and maybe use the mozo when going out somewhere where little heavy usage will occur.
I think you should worry about another issue: the back cover will eventually wear out / deform after being pulled off and plugged on many many times.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I think you should worry about another issue: the back cover will eventually wear out / deform after being pulled off and plugged on many many times.

I slide my fingernail in between the glass and cover and then unhook the hinges that way. Have prevented the creaking noise this way.

I will obviously test to see how things are going but I do a lot of heavy stuff on my 950xl. If there was a read only temperature API available to developers AIDA64 would implement it but it's apparently not going to be available for a while. Though if they want to unify the experience with Desktop they really need to go this route.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans