Sync with Nokia N9

Roman Svihorik

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,
I just switched from my Nokia N9 (OS MeeGo) to Nokia Lumia 950 XL (Windows 10 Mobile OS).
Would anybody advise me how to transfer favorite locations from Nokia Maps (N9) to my new smartphone (Maps 4.1512.3450.0), please?
Many thanks.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I'll try to help. First off, are you using here maps by Nokia? Secondly, if you are did you use an Ovi account?
Ovi isn't functional anymore and that's the (small) issue. If you used another email all you'll have to do is sign in to that account on the map app you're using. If you're using ovi, it may be a bit more difficult. You should have synced ovi with a new outlook email prior when you were instructed. That's the catch. I did it and all my ovi favourites were synced to my outlook account.
If you didn't, ill try to find a link for you to get it sorted. Hope this helps.
P.S. are you selling the N9? :)

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Roman Svihorik

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Thank you both, kg4icg and Robbie.
Some facts:
- I have had the OVI account - it does not work any longer.
- I still have the Nokia account - I just do not know where and when it can be found useful as HERE does not recognize this account, therefore I just created new account on maps.here.com an hour ago.
- When initiating my new Lumia 950 XL I created new Microsoft account (unuseful here probably).
- Yes, I am using Maps by Nokia (preinstalled in my new smartphone)
- I do not remember whether I synced my favourite locationsin my N9 in the past - I am afraid never :-(
- Sync procedure between N9 and 950XL did not transfer favourite locations

Any advice now? Honestly, I got feeling sceptical...
Personallly, I was full of hope there is a possibility to export favourites from N9 somehow and import them into 950XL but there is no such option in N9 Maps and even I can not localize a file where those favourites are stored.
Anyway, thank you.

To Robbie: Sorry, I decided to keep N9 in my personal mobile phones museum ;-)

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
To Robbie: Sorry, I decided to keep N9 in my personal mobile phones museum ;-)

Love my N9 but it's really dusty, kudos to you to stay so long with it. I moved onto the 920 when it came out. N9 came with the best thin protector ever! Why doesn't anyone make it like that :D

Did the front camera ever become actually functional? :)

Roman Svihorik

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi anthonyng,
I still love my N9, too. And MeeGo OS as well.
If my N9 did not get rather obsolete and battery short of capacity especially when connected to Internet and/or WiFi... I decided to accept my telecom provider's offer two weeks ago and move to Nokia Lumia 950 XL (you see - Android refused again? :wink:). It's a pity that original Nokia development team did not reach success with MeeGo 2 and "newnokia" smartphones.

Regarding the front camera: Yes, as a poor quality mirror :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb