Motion data and printing

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
hello everyone,,

so in my Lumia 950XL I think I can track my Steps with motion data (right??)
but Microsoft health didn't show any stem, I turned on the motion data, location, and mobile data.
is there any way to count my steps? (I don't have band or like that)
also did anyone managed to print anything directly from Lumia 950XL??
I have HP LaserJet 400 M401dn in the same network, but when I print only pdf shows up.

I hope someone know about it

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft health app can only track your phone motion data when you are not using your band, and it only work when you have a band register with the app, not necessary needed after paired. so You could paird one with some one else's with you phone and the app. then reset the band . then just uuse motion data to track your steps alone.
for printing you need a printer with PCLm or XPS protocols, since mobile printing not like computer don't have drivers for each printer, so instead it only support those universal Driverless printing protocols. another option is HP do offer mobile printing app as wel as email printing, you can rinting thru those method from your device.HP Printers - Printing With Windows 10 Mobile | HP? Customer Support
for more https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3083720

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft health app can only track your phone motion data when you are not using your band, and it only work when you have a band register with the app, not necessary needed after paired. so You could paird one with some one else's with you phone and the app. then reset the band . then just uuse motion data to track your steps alone.
for printing you need a printer with PCLm or XPS protocols, since mobile printing not like computer don't have drivers for each printer, so instead it only support those universal Driverless printing protocols. another option is HP do offer mobile printing app as wel as email printing, you can rinting thru those method from your device.HP Printers - Printing With Windows 10 Mobile | HP? Customer Support
for more https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3083720

there is no way i can find a band around me, it's not sold in here.
so it's useless feature and can't be used.

i found the printer now, thanks for the links

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
you can just use fitbit app, which worked just fine. and link it to myfitness account which can also sync with Microsoft health account and more other fitness device or apps.

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
you can just use fitbit app, which worked just fine. and link it to myfitness account which can also sync with Microsoft health account and more other fitness device or apps.

thanks a lot for your help,
fitbit app really better than MS health, it already counted all steps from the the day i bought my phone

KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Motion Data definitely does work with MS Health without the need of a Band, you have to turn it on in the Microsoft Health settings, it's not enough just to turn on Motion Data on your phone:

H7b1aIml.png

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had them both on, but the app was showing 0 steps. Then it started syncing and suddenly it works. I liked food&health app on my 930 more:)

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
The whole Microsoft health app is designed for use for band or band 2, using phone's motion data just an accommodate when you need to charge the band or situations that you are not wearing your band. Therefore even you turn that on in the app, it will not synced unless you have a band linked to the app.

KyleGM

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
The whole Microsoft health app is designed for use for band or band 2, using phone's motion data just an accommodate when you need to charge the band or situations that you are not wearing your band. Therefore even you turn that on in the app, it will not synced unless you have a band linked to the app.

Thats incorrect, Microsoft Health will work perfectly if you don't have a band, it will only track your steps using motion data but you never need a band for it to work.

Last edited:

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Thats incorrect, Microsoft Health will work perfectly if you don't have a band, it will only track your steps using motion data but you never need a band for it to work.
Funny thing that it was working with my phone without need a band to linked to it, until I actually got an band , then have to loan it to a friend. Then the motion data stop sync once I unpair my band from my phone.
Even different phone would do so, and all after a new updates of the app. So some how the newer version of the app disable the phone motion data alone .

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i have the 950XL and dont own a band.
I have microsoft health app and have the motion data turned on.
I get my steps sync'd whenever i open the app - it takes a few second sometimes, but it does work and goes back to show you this week and previous weeks and in those previous weeks you can then zoom in particular days.
It does show you steps in in each hour.

I still cant get printing of pdf documents to work wirelessly to my hp printer...

Jens Ansorg

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Why don't you try one of the other step counter apps from the store?

MS health does work without band but its slow. Try something like Daily Activity from the store

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett