Does the unlocked 640 work on Verizon Network?

jlwaters11

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I recently got a 640 through the Best Buy Black Friday sale for $30. I'm on T-Mobile and it works great. In fact I prefer it over my old Xperia Z Android phone that's now 2.5 years old.

I've been pimping the phone to my father, but he's on Verizon network. Would an unlocked 640 work on the verizon network? Or does it suffer the same issues with the 950/xl? Does the Verizon simcard fit- (I've been lead to believe there are 2 different sized sim card and that some won't fit-- is that true?)

ANyway is anyone using the AT&T unlocked 640 on the Verizon network?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It wouldn't work, it's a different tech. It's not even possible for it to work sadly. Your best bet for him would be the Microsoft Lumia 735, which does work on Verizon's network. There's just no Glance screen and the cameras are slightly better. If you would want a cheaper option that will work, look into the LG Lancet for him.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Does the Verizon simcard fit- (I've been lead to believe there are 2 different sized sim card and that some won't fit-- is that true?

libra89 answered the compatibility question. As far as the SIM card, the size is not important. You can cut the SIM card if it is too big, and use an adapter if it is too small. Aternatively, you can go to the Verizon store and request a new SIM card (providing you have a phone they support).

gtdad

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I switched from Verizon to Cricket when I purchased my 640. But, just out of curiosity I tried my Verizon sim card in the 640 and I can tell you for sure it does not work.

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I think data would work, just not voice as Verizon uses CDMA for voice... Or at least data should be able to work, but not sure if Verizon network would allow non-verizon phone to connect with it's data network.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750