New phone bought yesterday not working at all

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's unresponsive at first boot because it's doing store updates and all it's updating. you need to leave it for a long time. Or go to the store, pause all the downloads, let the store app update first and then go back to store and update them. Leave it running. The first boot it does quite a lot. I think there may be some indexing and other things happening too.

You may need to restart a few times and check for updates. Once everything is up and running and updated should be fine.

And I keep reading that you need to hard reset it at some point. I don't know the exact protocol to get the device up and running.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I confirm, I also had the pink dot. I thought it looked unfinished like OP... Like a mistake.

Mine also was pretty unresponsive, the biggest issue was related to installing apps on an SD card. The phone only works with some. I don't think it has anything to do with cheap or counterfeit as the card that failed works in my SP3 and LG V10 without a hiccup.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
I never use sd-card. actually I hate using them. they slow down the system as they have remarkably lower read/write speed compared to internal storage. for the sake of performance, i don't use them.

lijith

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Got a new piece from the shops new stock. Got the white one which i wanted initially :). So far phone is working fine. I only got 2 issues with it. Once when the phone was only 15% charge the screen tone changed to kind of sepia and turn-off suddenly. Phone was unresponsive after pushing power button. So i plugged it and then it turned on after sometime and notification showed only 2% charge. Didn't happen this again though at 15% charge.
The other issue is with one drive. The phone is not uploading the pics in picture folder to one drive. Fiddled with all the settings of one drive app with no luck so far.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Got a new piece from the shops new stock. Got the white one which i wanted initially :). So far phone is working fine. I only got 2 issues with it. Once when the phone was only 15% charge the screen tone changed to kind of sepia and turn-off suddenly. Phone was unresponsive after pushing power button. So i plugged it and then it turned on after sometime and notification showed only 2% charge. Didn't happen this again though at 15% charge.
The other issue is with one drive. The phone is not uploading the pics in picture folder to one drive. Fiddled with all the settings of one drive app with no luck so far.

Did you do the following?

1) Go to Photos
2) Select Settings
3) Select "Manage OneDrive upload settings"
4) Turn on Camera upload and select the backup account. There is also a toggle button to select whether you want to upload videos.
5) If you want to upload using mobile data, then on the same screen, switch on "Upload on metered connection"

That should do it.

lijith

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Did you do the following?

1) Go to Photos
2) Select Settings
3) Select "Manage OneDrive upload settings"
4) Turn on Camera upload and select the backup account. There is also a toggle button to select whether you want to upload videos.
5) If you want to upload using mobile data, then on the same screen, switch on "Upload on metered connection"

That should do it.
Tried that with no luck. I need the files coming from browser and apps likes whatsapp to be saved in onedrive automatically. It was working fine in 8.1. Now i have to do it manually by putting the files from my phone to my sync folder in my laptop :(

Jeddic

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
cuzz my device is working perfectly and I don't wanna do anything to jinx that, also using the recovery way seems very.... I don't know, intrusive. because I would have to start from scratch and I have my phone set up perfectly.

Windows Device Recovery Tool is a normal tool provided by the manufacturer to let you reset or install updates to your device. It's not a hacker thing or anything crazy or risky. However it will only install released updates so I'm not sure if you can get anything there that hasn't been released OTA.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
not saying its a hack or anything like that, but I know it will reset it to factory and I don't wanna do that, I set it up nicely and wanna leave it like that :wink:

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
If you just purchased a new phone, it should have come with an Operating system,
If it didn't I would return it. If you purchased it from an individual, you'll have to reset it to
factory and load your profile. If you have it setup the way you like it, use a new Microsoft
live account to keep it that way, but you'll need to email your pictures and other data
saved under the other account to yourself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb