New phone bought yesterday not working at all

lijith

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am working in Dubai. My 520 got bad a few days ago so i decided to by a 950 xl. I bought a new 950 xl yesterday after a lot of research. But the damn thing is not working at all out of the box.
When the moment i turned it on i had a bad feeling. There was a pink pixel at top left of the screen. Then after the first windows blue logo the screen goes off then after some time it turns on the again off. This happens for few times and the screen goes blank completetly. Then when it boots it so unresponsive. The lock screen just get stuck.

I did not thought at any moment that the experience will be this bad

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that the SIM card is either slightly dirty/worn or not inserted fully enough.

You've not said in what way your earlier 520 "got bad", so a faulty SIM card might be the issue.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am working in Dubai. My 520 got bad a few days ago so i decided to by a 950 xl. I bought a new 950 xl yesterday after a lot of research. But the damn thing is not working at all out of the box.
When the moment i turned it on i had a bad feeling. There was a pink pixel at top left of the screen. Then after the first windows blue logo the screen goes off then after some time it turns on the again off. This happens for few times and the screen goes blank completetly. Then when it boots it so unresponsive. The lock screen just get stuck.

I did not thought at any moment that the experience will be this bad
If you bought it yesterday take it back today? Irrespective of what the deal is, pink spot on screen is a no no, and perhaps a new sim might be in order?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
just so you know my 950XL is working flawlessly and I had the pink dot also...wondered WTH that was... take it back and exchange it, you wont regret it...loving mine to death! you just unlucky and got a defective one...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Did you charge the phone when before powering up?
And didn't you test the phone at the store you bought it from? I always did that

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My 950 and my wife's both light a single pixel pink/purple when you first start the phone. That's normal, and not a sign of failure. But if the phone doesn't boot normally, it sounds like you got a dud.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It's unresponsive at first boot because it's doing store updates and all it's updating. you need to leave it for a long time. Or go to the store, pause all the downloads, let the store app update first and then go back to store and update them. Leave it running. The first boot it does quite a lot. I think there may be some indexing and other things happening too.

You may need to restart a few times and check for updates. Once everything is up and running and updated should be fine.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
When the moment i turned it on i had a bad feeling. There was a pink pixel at top left of the screen.
That is a boot indicator, for RAM or Screen check, who knows... but it is intended.
Other then that, be patient, check your SIM, could be faulty, could be cut incorrect, try another SIM, could be the case. Hard Reset and lastly Update OS and firmware.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
cuzz my device is working perfectly and I don't wanna do anything to jinx that, also using the recovery way seems very.... I don't know, intrusive. because I would have to start from scratch and I have my phone set up perfectly.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
the pink dot is normal.

I confirm, I also had the pink dot. I thought it looked unfinished like OP... Like a mistake.

Mine also was pretty unresponsive, the biggest issue was related to installing apps on an SD card. The phone only works with some. I don't think it has anything to do with cheap or counterfeit as the card that failed works in my SP3 and LG V10 without a hiccup.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa