How do I delete a mail account

bertie11

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I was trying to set up another mail account and while I was trying to correct a wrong character it suddenly changed screen to say it was trying to sync to that account even though I hadn't finished setting it up. So now, that account is greyed out and is syncing (trying to). I now need to either get into that account in order to edit it or to delete it.

Lumia 535.

Thanks.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Put the phone into flight mode and reboot it. When the phone turns back on, you'll be able to delete the account (flight mode will prevent it starting to sync when the phone turns on).

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I need help too concerning Outlook Mail. Has to do with the tile. Mail count stays at 22 even after I've read all mails. How do I get rid of this? Unpinning and re-pinning the tile didn't fix it.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I need help too concerning Outlook Mail. Has to do with the tile. Mail count stays at 22 even after I've read all mails. How do I get rid of this? Unpinning and re-pinning the tile didn't fix it.

Unpin, perform a manual resync, and then re-pin, making sure that you're pinning the inbox. Outlook seems to have a funny habit of pinning other folders for some reason.

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! That fix, it Pete.
But what's the difference between pinning Outlook Mail (from app list) and pinning the inbox from Outlook Mail? I use just one mail.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For one email address? I'm not sure. I have three, so pin all of the inboxes separately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium