Where is the new 950 firmware for USA ATT 950's?

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No I'm complaining because ATT in the USA ALWAYS get updates and firmware delayed. My Lumia 920 I had for 3 years NEVER even got the last Win 8.1 update or firmware and the updates it did get through the years we were always the last one in the world to get them, sometimes new updates would be out before we got the previous updates. Other countries and carriers celebrate Xmas and New Years yet somehow were able to get these latest updates.

Why is ATT in the USA the LAST to always get updates no matter what time of year it is? Why couldn't MS get everything in one shot like Apple where they control all updates and don't rely on carrier intervention?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
apparently AT&T users are getting it. There's no real pattern to who gets it. My guess is users who are on firmware 15452 will get it first since it has more issues than 15454. I'm on 15454 and haven't received it but noted that other users on my carrier have received it. So no idea how MS is pushing these out.

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Mine is Canadian Unlocked version, which just got update today, with new firmware 15506.02004 , so I think they finally start to push to North American now.

Nubwy

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Wow dude. Way to roll in like a troll. Know your facts first. The firmware wasn't released to AT&T 950 adopters. And for the record, we're not self entitled. We're pissed that Microsoft released a phone that has more bugs than we can count. We're pissed because they said carriers weren't going to control these releases. We're pissed because they said they were going to push more frequent builds and have pushed one since they said that.

Sooooooo.......how about we get our updates and you leave?

Speaking of know your facts, it's important to know that firmware updates were not labeled the same as the OS updates Microsoft said weren't carrier dependent. You'd probably know this if you read the article on why the 950 and presumably future W10 handsets are not carrier dependent for OS updates, because the software and radio stacks are separate. Firmware is on the same stack as the radio. So basically, you need to read up on your facts and adjust your expectations.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Mine is Canadian Unlocked version, which just got update today, with new firmware 15506.02004 , so I think they finally start to push to North American now.

I also received this update last night ,im in the US. Asked this in another thread,but found my answer here.
Thanks.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Wow dude. Way to roll in like a troll. Know your facts first. The firmware wasn't released to AT&T 950 adopters. And for the record, we're not self entitled. We're pissed that Microsoft released a phone that has more bugs than we can count. We're pissed because they said carriers weren't going to control these releases. We're pissed because they said they were going to push more frequent builds and have pushed one since they said that.

Sooooooo.......how about we get our updates and you leave?

How about the real trolls are the ones posting the same whining complaint over and over. Tired of those who disagree with a whine get tagged as a troll and even suspended for voicing their opinion. Im sorry but there are flat out personal comments by the whiners, yet they still are able to post. ******* and moaning on a forum that ISNT AFFILIATED with MS gets you nowhere. You want your voices heard, hit power + vol down, leave feedback. Until then, MS released firmware to a country that has a larger market share than the US does, deal with it. If yall seriously think the grass is greener over at fanDroid or crApple, then go. The USA has spit for a market share, if i were MS I'd say we can wait as well. A companies home base being in the US doesnt mean we are entitled to the great stuff first, thats called entitlement.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Apparently people get it after reset so i'm doing one now. I might as well. It sucks downloading all my apps and stuff and setting things up, but i'm going to start clean. No restores or anything. Then I'll just get what I need through my library. Hope it works. :D

At least if you're supposed to get it but somehow insider is stopping you.

Yay getting the firmware. :D

Last edited:

YummyChow

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
My Nokia 1020 has been with .36 build for a few weeks and my firmware says 3051.50009.1451.1003. I performed a hard reset today and this number remains in my phone. Any clues?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

bjd223

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
ATT was actually pretty good with WP8 updates. In fact at least once they actually released them before unlocked phones got them (GDR2).

Hopefully the delay is because of the US holiday.

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Apparently people get it after reset so i'm doing one now. I might as well. It sucks downloading all my apps and stuff and setting things up, but i'm going to start clean. No restores or anything. Then I'll just get what I need through my library. Hope it works. :D

At least if you're supposed to get it but somehow insider is stopping you.

Yay getting the firmware. :D

Which version of the phone do you have? ATT?

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Also.. when you get the firmware does it reset your phone? If it does I am tempted to do what you did... and start over. I can't stand not being able to use bluetooth (it freezes my phone shortly after connecting or disconnecting from bluetooth, fairly consistently).

nallWhite

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
apparently AT&T users are getting it. There's no real pattern to who gets it. My guess is users who are on firmware 15452 will get it first since it has more issues than 15454. I'm on 15454 and haven't received it but noted that other users on my carrier have received it. So no idea how MS is pushing these out.
Is there conformation for this? Where? Thanks.

bjd223

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Also.. when you get the firmware does it reset your phone? If it does I am tempted to do what you did... and start over. I can't stand not being able to use bluetooth (it freezes my phone shortly after connecting or disconnecting from bluetooth, fairly consistently).

I think if you get it OTA it will not reset your device, so you may want to wait before using the WDRT which will def. reset your phone.

If you have gotten lots of builds (depending on how long you have had it) sometimes it is nice to do a fresh install with the recovery tool. Also many users report less issues when they do not restore a backup.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Speaking of know your facts, it's important to know that firmware updates were not labeled the same as the OS updates Microsoft said weren't carrier dependent. You'd probably know this if you read the article on why the 950 and presumably future W10 handsets are not carrier dependent for OS updates, because the software and radio stacks are separate. Firmware is on the same stack as the radio. So basically, you need to read up on your facts and adjust your expectations.

Touche. Still doesn't negate everything else in my post. My adjusted expectations are that AT&T and Microsoft support their half-baked products in a timely fashion. And another expectation I have is that people shouldn't be chastised or called whiners on these forums for wondering when they'll get the update.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
So, can anyone here confirm their 950 AT&T phone getting this update? If so, was it true OTA or after hard reset OR hard reset via WP tool. What OS were you on and what firmware DID you have before?

Justin Engel

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
No, and you will probably have to wait ... maybe even a long time.

I remember waiting months for my old Lumia 920 to get updates, because it had to go through At&t. Android has this problem too. Android comes out with an OS update and they have to wait for their carrier as well as their phone manufacturer. This is actually a really old problem that Windows now mostly circumvents by Windows as a service.

Anything that changes the radios in the phone (firmware) will have through At&t, so At&t can certify that the update works with their cell towers. As others have said At&t has to support the devices they have sold.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...e-how-updates-will-delivered.html#post3358737

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
It is an issue when the phone, att 950, has issues with the camera and Bluetooth. Its the same old tired **** with ATT. I'm ok waiting a bit but would like at least a hey we know about the issues your having were working on releasing a new firmware soon. You know what I mean, because at this point whjo knows if these issues will be fixed and when.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
It is an issue when the phone, att 950, has issues with the camera and Bluetooth. Its the same old tired **** with ATT. I'm ok waiting a bit but would like at least a hey we know about the issues your having were working on releasing a new firmware soon. You know what I mean, because at this point whjo knows if these issues will be fixed and when.

AMEN! Just assume your phone will NEVER get updated, then you won't be upset, :grin:! I learned long ago with my WP7 and 8 devices that things just don't get better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss