Move music files to SD card Lumia 535

bertie11

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a load of music files on the phone but I have now installed a larger capacity SD card. How do I move the music files from the phone memory to the SD card?

I have linked the phone to my laptop using a data cable and I can see all the files in the phone and card, I have them now on both the phone and the card so I now want to remove them from the phone and regain memory..

Thanks.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a load of music files on the phone but I have now installed a larger capacity SD card. How do I move the music files from the phone memory to the SD card?

I have linked the phone to my laptop using a data cable and I can see all the files in the phone and card, I have them now on both the phone and the card so I now want to remove them from the phone and regain memory..

Thanks.

Different methods:

I'm assuming you have windows phone 8.1. Install an app called file manager and use it to move files from phone memory to sd card. Just like in a computer

Second method is to use the pc and copy and paste the music from the phone to the sd card. Once you've confirmed that all songs have copied and are playing properly, you can delete from the phone using the pc

bertie11

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. I've downloaded two file managers and I can't work out how to use them!

So, I'm using the data connection to laptop but when I try to delete any of the music files on the phone I get 'Music title.The device has either stopped responding or been disconnected.' This happens with any of the music files on the phone. I think I now have most of them on the sd card though but I still need to remove them from the phone.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234