Lumia 630 showing up as 'unrecognised device' to Windows.

Tom Amey

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 630, on WM10 TP, won't work when I have plugged it into a computer. Windows just says 'USB device not recognised'. I tried this on a laptop too, with the same results. It was working before, so it's not a WM10 issue I think, and it still won't work after a hard-reset.This is a pain, since I want to revert back to WP8.1, but the recovery tool cant find the device.

iamharish15

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
In case you want to revert to Windows 8.1, Just keep trying using the Windows Recovery Tool. I too had the same issue but after couple of tries, it recognized my device. I guess, you'll have to restart your device after opening the Windwos Recovery Tool.
My Win10 Laptop also doesn't recognize my Lumia 630 DS but when using Windows Recovery Tool, it will start installing some UEFI drivers and then detect your mobile and you can go back to Win 8.1.

Abhinaba Hazra

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 630, on WM10 TP, won't work when I have plugged it into a computer. Windows just says 'USB device not recognised'. I tried this on a laptop too, with the same results. It was working before, so it's not a WM10 issue I think, and it still won't work after a hard-reset.This is a pain, since I want to revert back to WP8.1, but the recovery tool cant find the device.

What is your experience now ? Are you with latest build of W10M ? Are you able to plug your Lumia to PC via USB cable?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon