10.0.10586.63 update

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I haven't gotten the .63 update either on my AT&T 950 with the insider preview program.

God Bless you!! For responding... I thought this Forum Section was for Lumia 950 ... I've read about every model but ... ha ha ha ..

Well I'm going hard Re set and go back to the RTM version ... Maybe I will get the firmware .. Insider and the 950 aren't working nice as I had hoped.. Funny thing is,, I went to At&t because I was tired of updating to 10 with the Insider Program and was very very hesitant coming back.... I should have followed my 1st Mind which was""" Why join an experiment when you just paid for a new phone"""???

eriks1805

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
The bigger problems I'm still having with x.63 are:
-- random reboots
-- 4k video recording doesn't work, Camera force closes when trying to record in 4k
-- Driving Mode still doesn't work, I have to turn off read text over Bluetooth via Cortana instead of Driving Mode actually ignoring texts
-- Messaging randomly crashes
-- Mailbox folders won't empty and sometimes deleted emails reappear
-- A bunch of other small things that have been reported numerous times
-- And the entire OS and related Microsoft apps lack any consistent design, so let's hope they figure out a design language they want to use

I do not have these problems with .63. I have a Lumia 950 and running smooth. No reboots, 4K video recording works very good ( also the auto-focus)

No crashes, also no problem with mailbox folders (using outlook)

I do not use the driving mode, so can't say anything about that. Will test it.

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
hi folks. I have an unlocked UK L950 with 0.63, but no firmware.

The Windows Insider app has now been updated, so if you are in an eligible region you want the updated FM then update the Insider app, leave the program, and you should now see the FM update. You can then rejoin as an Insider if you want to.

ChemEngr

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the help guys.. I know I cannot be the Only US owner of the AT&T branded Lumia 950 who is in the Insider Preview Program that is NOT getting the .63( Evan though I did receive the .36) :unhappy:[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Remember dear friends: United States - 950 - AT&T !!!!- Insider Preview - Soft Re-set - Uninstalled Preview - reinstalled = No .63 update????!!!!

I am happy for all the other devices ,but I will just wait it out. I've done everything I know and took all of your good advise... so thanks again !!

MI. USA

I have the same exact issue, but still on 10586.29. I'm thinking of doing a hard reset. Have you?

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
So just an update. I decided to unenrolled from the insiders program. I then used the WRDT and went back to the available OS on there. Then I updated my phone to .29. After that I enrolled in the insiders program and am currently in the process of downloading .63!

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
God Bless you!! For responding... I thought this Forum Section was for Lumia 950 ... I've read about every model but ... ha ha ha ..

Well I'm going hard Re set and go back to the RTM version ... Maybe I will get the firmware .. Insider and the 950 aren't working nice as I had hoped.. Funny thing is,, I went to At&t because I was tired of updating to 10 with the Insider Program and was very very hesitant coming back.... I should have followed my 1st Mind which was""" Why join an experiment when you just paid for a new phone"""???

I also have the AT&T Lumia 950. I was on the Slow Ring, then yesterday I decided I wanted to try .63 (I have .36 right now) so I switched to Fast Ring, but for some reason it did not pick up the update.

This morning, I tried leaving the program and then registering again with the Fast Ring--still no update.

What is going on here?

Is it possible that for AT&T Lumia 950 MS is waiting for firmware update approval from AT&T before deploying .63 OS update to the phones (maybe they play better together)?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible that for AT&T Lumia 950 MS is waiting for firmware update approval from AT&T before deploying .63 OS update to the phones (maybe they play better together)?
Doubt it, as my at&t 950 is on .63, but I jumped from .29. I just installed the insider app a few days ago.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Agreed, Hello is much more responsive, works better at different angles and is definitely faster.

Battery drain is still a big issue for me though. My 950 drains out in about 5 hours, and that's with virtually no use. I was hoping this update would fix it.
If you use Skype...There was mention of setting the skype app to off and that helped the battery drain issue.
I do not use skype and my battery drain is about 18 hours right now and on .36 build

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I also have the AT&T Lumia 950. I was on the Slow Ring, then yesterday I decided I wanted to try .63 (I have .36 right now) so I switched to Fast Ring, but for some reason it did not pick up the update.

This morning, I tried leaving the program and then registering again with the Fast Ring--still no update.

What is going on here?

Opened The Recovery tool ....Updated.... I connected my 950 ... it was recognized...then it gave me an ERROR MESSAGE!!!

I TRIED IT 3 TIME... 3 Strikes your out... I even unenrolled in the Windows Preview ( now that it has allowed us to re join without a re-set) ... So I'm leaving well enough alone... ( Sad) I really Love Windows Mobile.... But I don't like Android or IOS... so ...I don't know what to do ... its reall

Yannie Boy

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
AT&T Branded 950 bought from Best Buy off contract on Cricket Wireless, Insider app installed, refuses to see any updates and is stuck in 10.0.10586.29. I open the Insider app, select Fast, Accept then it reboots but going back into the Insider app, it behaves as if I never selected a track. Same applies for Slow ring. However if "unenroll" it saves the status that I'm unenrolled. So I'm stuck.

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
AT&T Branded 950 bought from Best Buy off contract on Cricket Wireless, Insider app installed, refuses to see any updates and is stuck in 10.0.10586.29. I open the Insider app, select Fast, Accept then it reboots but going back into the Insider app, it behaves as if I never selected a track. Same applies for Slow ring. However if "unenroll" it saves the status that I'm unenrolled. So I'm stuck.
Enroll in fast after reboot go to insider app and check the about it should tell you what you are enrolled in.

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

That's the way it works, except you should be getting the .63 update. Have you installed new firmware?

Sent from mTalk

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That app will just enroll / unenroll your handset in the Preview. Next you can go to Settings > Updates and check for updates. You would get the latest build - might have to put the phone just as it is for some time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers