Usb mass storage does not work

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
After hard reset of my lumia icon due to no functioning the folders on start screen, my icon does not want to connect to the pc, any help?

Ara Carrano

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Does the PC make a USB device fail sound?
Does the Windows Device Recovery Tool detect the phone? Does the phone show up in device manager?
Try another Hard Reset ,Try another cable, Try another PC.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I've tried on 3 different PCs with as many different cables. All my Icon does is give me the slow charging warning. Nothing else.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Lumia icon here
I also had this issue after a hard reset. I had to roll back to 8.1 to get functionality back then re upgrade to 10. I did not hard reset afterwards.

Wdrt did not detect my icon tried the power and down button combo phone still did not detect.

Tried the power button down button again. After phone vibrated I pressed the power button twice. Phone detected and downloaded 8.1 I had to repeat this process to flash the phone as well..

Did not hard reset after upgrade to 10 everything works with Usb as it should.

Hope this helps and luck to you..

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I installed the .71 update and still no USB. None of the PC's I plugged into recognize it. How do I roll back to 8.1/Denim if I can't get my PC's to recognize it.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I installed the .71 update and still no USB. None of the PC's I plugged into recognize it. How do I roll back to 8.1/Denim if I can't get my PC's to recognize it.

My post above tells how I did it :) this may or may not work for you, maybe I just got lucky.. I have found no other reference for it after doing alot of web searching..

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My post above tells how I did it :) this may or may not work for you, maybe I just got lucky.. I have found no other reference for it after doing alot of web searching..

Whoo hooo! Downloading WP8.1 now! I had to use a powered hub and I tried a different cable. A cable I had tried before... Anyway, rolling back to 8.1.

Update: Rolled back successfully. I had to hold the power+volume down until I got to the Nokia logo, then my PC recognized it to roll it back.

I have full USB support now. Now to go back to W10M.

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
OK. I'm back to W10M .71 build and everything is back to normal. My camera is working like it should, I can connect to my 5.8GHz WiFi, and... wait for it... I can access it it via USB.

Thanks for the assist.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Right on! Glad you found a way that worked for you.. I had a very frustrating time getting USB functionality back. Hard reset is supposed to be the best experience for w10mobile but I'm hesitant to try it again as the camera seems to take better photos from a upgrade and I don't won't to go through the aggravation of restoring Usb functionality a second time..

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue at one point, Only thing I could do is use the Nokia/Microsoft recovery tool and it was able to find the phone then roll back to 8.1 again, then upgrade again to 10..

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I had this issue at one point, Only thing I could do is use the Nokia/Microsoft recovery tool and it was able to find the phone then roll back to 8.1 again, then upgrade again to 10..

How did you have this particular issue if the Microsoft recovery tool detected your phone? The only functionality we had off Usb was charging and that is it. Just curious..

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
How did you have this particular issue if the Microsoft recovery tool detected your phone? The only functionality we had off Usb was charging and that is it. Just curious..

The recovery tool as an option for a phone that cant be detected. It makes you unplug all USB devices from your computer and connect your phone. After that, you reboot your phone, it does get a connection for a split second when it's booting when connected to USB/PC. I think that is how it found it.

I was in the same boat, it would charge fine but, No connection to the PC.... after a roll back to 8.1 it was fine..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon