The 950 XL is the best phone i ever had!

DonDiddit

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to have this out there - upon getting it i CAUTIOUSLY opened the back, inserted two sim cards and a 64GB Memory card, soft resetted, and then (yes) restored from Backup. And you know what? It's the best damn phone i ever had!!!

Only minor drawback being battery life with an average drain around 4-6% an hour depending on how heavy the usage after two weeks. 1 Random reboot in three weeks, no really bad bugs, only thing that annoys me on occasion is the UI changes from 8.1 to 10 (people tile, some others).

Groove is finally a music app that works, onedrive integration in the Photo app is finally what i needed to keep order (show copies on onedrive on/off, ability to delete from within photos app, easy moving to folders).

And I got no creaking if i do not press the lower right corner so hard as i would never do during normal usage and then only slightly.

And the camera? WIPES THE FLOOR with everything else I've ever seen, including latest iphones (it's ridiculous, maybe I'll show comparison pics here when i have a moment).

THANK GOD i did try it out myself ad did not let me be discouraged by all negative posts here - not saying i don't believe Miscrosoft clearly has bad issues, but if/when this phone works it's jut plain amazing and for me everything i wished for.
Really happy over here!

That's it for now, had to gett that off my chest. :)

kodos78

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Me too! I love mine. Just has a battery drain issue that seems excessive. Turning off the iris scanner to see if that helps.

But with all the negativity I was expecting it to grenade in my hand on my first hour with it!

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I know exactly how you feel, I was so worried to get my 950XL and have all the trouble that everyone was complaining about.... but my phone has been flawless and working amazingly well these past few weeks, even shocked my battery time is awesome, I haven't charged my phone since yesterday morning and I'm down to 38% as of right now. and I'm luving the wireless charging don't know what all the negativity is about... the only thing that ruined the phone experience for me was the bloody Lumia offers app... wow that was a nightmare but they fixed it and now I FINALLY got my dock. as for the one drive, I have a little quirk with that for listening to music as I can only listen to one song at a time and it first has to download before I can listen to it... its a little annoying when you want to hear like 12 songs on an album but can't.. but that has nothing to do with the phone...

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
950xl is good and helpful for my job. it takes great photos that impressed my colleagues. the continuum function can help replacing my old desktop computer in ordinary office document works. however the continuum mode is not so mature yet. random reboots happen at a not so rare frequency. the mobile version of word and excel have limitations that for example cannot edit complex documents or documents with a lot of photos. when I tried to edit a report with 30+ photos inside, the word crashed. anyway I understand it is a mobile phone, not a real computer. I accept it. its merits outweigh its demerits.

stefanopoda

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Same here, man I just love my 950XL!

I got it on January 4th and was a bit worried as well, reading about all those hater's comments, but the device is awesome. Haters will always hate, I guess.

Windows 10 feels much more mature than Windowsphone 8.1 and after some time you just start to appreciate the consistency of the UI's behaviour between your laptop PC and your phone, it's been a real eye-opener. Not to say there aren't a couple annoying feature regressions in some apps, but they can and will be fixed easily in the next weeks.

The AMOLED screen is just great, and I personally just love how light the phone feels. I totally disagree that the policarbonate does feel cheap, and I really like that "boxy" design, which already impressed me seeing my colleague's 640.

Actually I think those shiny metal bands just look tacky, and in my opinion the iPhone now just looks like a piece of jewelry. Something my girlfriend can wear, but nothing I would use for my purpose.

The black 950XL is a beast, made to get stuff done, understated and powerful, and by the way just perfectly matches my black Thinkpad.

Now I just wish Lenovo would make a 7" Thinkpad Windows-Phone :wink:

Stephen

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
This has to be the most polarizing phone there is. The OP starts this thread and heralds the 950XL as the King of cameras in a phone.
Meanwhile, another thread is started by another 950XL new owner and it's the most pathetic camera experience of all time.

There couldn't be more opposing opinions.

All I can say is Youtube and these forums have plenty of examples of amazing output from these 950's. At least from the ones that are functioning properly. I suspect there are valid explanations for why some units are spectacular and others are disastrous. I feel very fortunate, I guess.

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Im also loving my xl 950. At first, I was going to go for the 950 because it was smaller....but after using the xl now for a few months, I'm glad I went with the xl.

For sure, the issues are getting better and better. I look forward to the Surface Phone or whatever they decide to bring out, but man, this xl sure is keeping me pretty happy!

Great Camera for sure!

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Only downside so far is that the 950 XL i slower than the L1520 when it comes to the Edge browser. L1520 and Galaxy S6 are neck and neck (slight edge to S6) when testing Edge vs Chrome and 950 XL lagging behind using latest software on both Lumias.

All other things 950 XL and L1520 are equal or the 950 XL being a little faster. (Was hoping for more)

Hopefully MS still has some tricks up it's sleeves for this awesome phone performance wise.

SinrOne

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Only downside so far is that the 950 XL i slower than the L1520 when it comes to the Edge browser. L1520 and Galaxy S6 are neck and neck (slight edge to S6) when testing Edge vs Chrome and 950 XL lagging behind using latest software on both Lumias.

All other things 950 XL and L1520 are equal or the 950 XL being a little faster. (Was hoping for more)

Hopefully MS still has some tricks up it's sleeves for this awesome phone performance wise.

Definitely right on the edge browser.. Seems to have poor performace in desktop mode quite often.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
As much as I love the 950(XL), nobody has been using it for a "few months".

Might feel like it, but months is plural. On January 25th, you might can technically use plural. :)

sammy2_nz

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site

Might feel like it, but months is plural. On January 25th, you might can technically use plural. :)

well I purchased mine 9 december, so can I say I have really enjoyed the last couple of months with my 950XL ? I am not a heavy user, so to go from 1 day on my Galaxy Note 2, to 4 days on my 950XL, that put a smile on my face

My only gripe so far was that it came preinstalled with a failed keyboard language for English (Australia), which I have only just (tonight) managed to install correctly after multiple failed attempts over the last few weeks

SeeVuPlay

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Haha.... I'm not sure where "few months" came from. I was getting ready to prove you wrong... Then did the math on my fingers and toes.... And i stand corrected.

But now!!

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Really enjoying my 950 XL best phone I have had so far, Don't miss my old LG G2 one bit and glad I went for the 950 over the LG G4 that is having it's own problems. Had a few little problems with it rebooting a few times, problem looks to be solve since I moved the apps back to the phones memory.
Must say loving the camera quality and front camera is very impressive compared to photos I have seen from IPhones. I don't frequent these forums much anymore just had a gutful of all the negative comments that some are slinging at these new phones. latest update as improved my battery life considerable. Back to enjoying my phone ;)

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Read so much bad and good with this phone not sure what to do. I do kind of want to hold off for something better or a cheap phone like the upcoming Alcatel touch fierce xl.

Sent from mTalk

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had no problems with my 950xl. I have to admit that I did put off getting one due to all the negative comments here and elsewhere. I'm so glad I decided to give it a try anyway. So far its the best phone I have ever used. I'm sure there are some issues but in my daily use of the phone I don't seem to run into any of them. I have even tried to replicate some of the issues reported by others but my phone works fine. The only thing I wont try is the insider preview. It seems a lot of people who post issues with the phone seem to be using something other than the current release build. Since I don't seem to having any trouble I'm not in any rush to jump into the slow or fast ring.

So far I'm enjoying the phone. I have only had the phone for about a week and I have a few more weeks to go before it's too late to return it, so I'll continue my "test drive" but so far it looks like I'm gonna keep it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes