Longtime Verizon Windows Phone customer...

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I've been a faithful Windows phone user since the beginning. I had an HTC Trophy at launch, then upgraded to a L822 and am currently using an Icon which I've had since launch. The only smartphone I had previous to the Trophy was a BB Bold. I'm dangerously close to jumping ship and getting an iPhone and I'm incredibly distressed by this. More background: I am typing this on my Surface 3 while my Band 2 is tracking my heartrate. The funny thing is, an iPhone will work pretty great with those things even though I'm firmly entrenched in the Microsoft ecosystem. I've never owned a product out of Cupertino, including iPods. I have owned a couple Zunes though. Yes, I'm rambling, but only to illustrate a point. Despite all this MS love that flows through me, my best option seems to be an iPhone. My Icon is dying and switching from Verizon is not an option. I refuse to touch a Google OS. SOMEBODY TALK ME OUT OF SWITCHING! I'M A DESPERATE MAN!!!

Im not talking you out of anything...Verizon and MS have given up on each other. I never expected an official WP10 for the icon out of V$. I did however think I would get something from MS....apparently not the case either...

Basically if staying on Verizon is important to you your not doing it with a windows phone. I've been looking really hard at the GS7 but dayum I dont want to pony up 800 bucks.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I never expected an official WP10 for the icon out of V$. I did however think I would get something from MS....apparently not the case either...

You can't really say that we've gotten nothing from Microsoft. We've had a pretty good run with the insider preview. It's pretty clear that many of the remaining problems that the Icon has would be fixed with some extra firmware support from Verizon/Microsoft. It might just not happen. We'll still have the last build of the previous branch to hold onto, even if Microsoft doesn't update.

It's unfortunate for the many that are not on the insider preview. But this is the life of a Windows user on Verizon.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Every 6 months ATT is better while VZ stands still. I've tried all the OS's and family prefers Win mobile by a country mile. I can buy 2 phones for what a single iPhone costs and Android is simply not an option. Since I waited for the 1520 size to come over and it did not. Then the 950XL as we watched the rumors through 2015. Anyway, is what it is. Never stay in contracts anymore, so if ATT has the phones I want that's where the business goes.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Sad that some defected to android but wish those with iPhones well :) Hope you all come back soon as you can.
I'd probably go back to flip phones before touching an android as a daily driver or settling for IOS' boringness.

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I've been looking really hard at the GS7 but dayum I dont want to pony up 800 bucks.

Yeah so just got a Nexus 5x..so Im officially off...

You can't really say that we've gotten nothing from Microsoft. We've had a pretty good run with the insider preview. It's pretty clear that many of the remaining problems that the Icon has would be fixed with some extra firmware support from Verizon/Microsoft. It might just not happen. We'll still have the last build of the previous branch to hold onto, even if Microsoft doesn't update.

It's unfortunate for the many that are not on the insider preview. But this is the life of a Windows user on Verizon.

No I wasn't saying we got nothing...I was hoping for something official though, not a dev preview but maybe thats all we were ever going to get from MS anyway. I blame Verizon far more for the support of this phone than I do MS. Also for me the DP of WM10 on my phone is seriously buggy..its very frustrating to use.

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Sad that some defected to android but wish those with iPhones well :) Hope you all come back soon as you can.
I'd probably go back to flip phones before touching an android as a daily driver or settling for IOS' boringness.

You're entitled to your opinion but there's nothing sad about it. I am loving the Galaxy S7 Edge. It is the definition of a flagship phone, something that no Windows Phone can claim. That includes the 950 line.

The design is amazing and the camera, while lacking a few megapixels is every bit as good, if not better than the Icon.

I miss certain aspects of Windows Mobile but I had forgotten how poor the apps and the app selection are in comparison to iOS and Android.

Microsoft clearly is more focused on iOS and Android than they are on their own mobile ecosystem. Cortana and the rest of the Microsoft apps work beautifully on Android.

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Curious why so many WP people leave to iPhone and not Android phones.

I left Verizon a while ago for T-Mobile. Used the Icon on T-Mobile for a while but wanted something with better support for the network. Bought a used 1520 which is holding me over but the touch screen bugs are ******* me off. Might get a 950 or 950 XL but waiting to see what redstone brings. Might then wait if a surface phone materializes and get a 950 then when they are fire sale.

If W10 Mobile never improves and the universal apps never materialize I may switch back to Android, but I would never touch an iPhone.

I went from Moto Droid Razr M > Lumia 928 > Lumia Icon > Lumia 1520.

Except for the Droid, the rest were all second hand. I refuse to pay $600 for a phone, which is the main reason why the iPhone is out. Also can't stand the smugness of it's user base, the boring OS, and the lack of OEM options/different configurations.

Microsoft has at least been trying to bring in other OEMs, just been unsuccessful. Almost got the HTC One M8 with Windows but went with the Icon instead for the camera.

I am really liking the Moto X Pure Edition right now, and if I switch back to android that's what I'll get. For $400 new ($300 used), I can get a really nice flagship phone for half the price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo