Best case for the XL?

Redn2000

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I've been searching around for a good case for when I get the XL in February. Has anyone figured out a high quality case they would recommend for someone slightly clumsy? I've looked at oeago but I'm unsure of the quality.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
MOZO!! I got mine yesterday and its the best case i ever bought. However its not really a case per se, more of a replacement back. But you can still drop the phone scratch it and always get a new one..

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The replacement back offers 0 protection, u can still crack your screen, so it depends on what type of "Case" you are looking for, i got a 10$ amazon one with a kickstand made by "CaseFormers" that i really like, and its not as thick as the otterbox type cases

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I use multiple cases - depending on what mood I'm in, or what project I am doing (sometimes I need more protection than other times). I still have not found a case, or back that I am in love with...yet! I have my current favorite, but I'm still looking - I'm hopeful the "great one" (for me anyway) will come along....soon! (closest thing so far seems to be the MOZO, I guess...it sure looks great).

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I think the Mozo leather cases/backs are ugly. Would be nice if they make other models with metal or polycarbonate materials. For the time being while I search for the ultimate case and/or backplate I've ordered an Orzly Fusion Bumper Case (transparent) and a Nillkin Flexible TPU Soft case also in transparent to try. Just received my white XL today and first case to try should arrive tomorrow.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I think the Mozo leather cases/backs are ugly. Would be nice if they make other models with metal or polycarbonate materials. For the time being while I search for the ultimate case and/or backplate I've ordered an Orzly Fusion Bumper Case (transparent) and a Nillkin Flexible TPU Soft case also in transparent to try. Just received my white XL today and first case to try should arrive tomorrow.

Yeah, I've got the Orzly Fusion Bumper Case (Black) on now, and I like it a lot. I have a couple of TPU's sitting around, a couple I have returned, I also have a VALKYRIE Flip Slim Wallet Case (black), that I like the best for now.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I've been searching around for a good case for when I get the XL in February. Has anyone figured out a high quality case they would recommend for someone slightly clumsy? I've looked at oeago but I'm unsure of the quality.

Redn2000,

for your reference, there is another tread: Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950XL, that has a lot of suggestions (albeit older) and some links that you could use to view all the different types, if you like.

Redn2000

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
for your reference, there is another tread: Cases/Covers + Accessories for your Lumia 950XL, that has a lot of suggestions (albeit older) and some links that you could use to view all the different types, if you like.

This also helps, well as everyone that has posted so far. And as such I've got a pretty good idea now. And if you guys have a top recommendation let me know. Thank you.

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I went with the Incipio NGP in black. It is more of a gray color than you would think -- so with the white 950 XL it makes for a nice graphite-ish color on the back of the phone. I normally use a holster versus putting the phone in my pocket but I couldn't find anything to my liking for the 950 XL.

Along these lines -- does anyone have a recommendation for a holster?

Redn2000

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I went with the Incipio NGP in black. It is more of a gray color than you would think -- so with the white 950 XL it makes for a nice graphite-ish color on the back of the phone.

I've taken a look at a few cases that are either transparent, or cover the phone. And I've found the kind I liked best was the ones with dual layers. I also really liked the orzly, but I'm curious how protective of the phone they are. I also wondered how any of these handled a screen protector.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I went with the Incipio NGP in black. It is more of a gray color than you would think -- so with the white 950 XL it makes for a nice graphite-ish color on the back of the phone. I normally use a holster versus putting the phone in my pocket but I couldn't find anything to my liking for the 950 XL.

Along these lines -- does anyone have a recommendation for a holster?

mryan,

I use this Vertical Canvas Pouch when I have to be on a jobsite, and for me it works well:

Amazon.com: for Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Canvas Pouch Belt Clip Case Cover Black Vertical Stylus Pen ApexGears (TM) Phone Bag: Cell Phones & Accessories

it adds a lot of protect aginst a variety of things. I use it in conjunction with the Orzly Fusion Bumper Case, I also have a VALKYRIE Flip Slim Wallet Case, but the wallet style does NOT work well (too big) with this pouch.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I've taken a look at a few cases that are either transparent, or cover the phone. And I've found the kind I liked best was the ones with dual layers. I also really liked the orzly, but I'm curious how protective of the phone they are. I also wondered how any of these handled a screen protector.

Redn2000,

I too, like a screen protector (call it added insurance) and am very happy with this one:

Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Screen Protector - Tempered Glass Screen Protector - by TruShield

It's Tempered glass, it was very easy to put on (no bubbles, and it took me 2 attempts to get it set correctly)...only problem is that it is no longer listed on Amazon, which is where I purchased it. But there are others the are out there that will work.

Redn2000

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
TruShield

It's Tempered glass, it was very easy to put on (no bubbles, and it took me 2 attempts to get it set correctly)...only problem is that it is no longer listed on Amazon, which is where I purchased it. But there are others the are out there that will work.

Thank you, I had seen a trushield listed before, and its sad it's no longer on Amazon. I had found IQshield which seems to be highly reviewed though.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Orzly case which I ordered thru Amazon. It looks good and fits great. The case gives the phone a better, sturdier feel. It's not as grippy as I would like but it will do until I find better.

Redn2000

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
but, watch your keys!

I guess it's a good thing I've got a pocket for just my phone then. And this next question detracts from the topic somewhat, but the phone isn't too difficult to carry in pocket is it? I haven't had a phone larger than the ICON, so its difficult to imagine how a phone that big would feel in pocket day to day.

notrichyet

May 30, 2013
Visit site
The Krusell wallet case I have is really nice but bulky, I'd like something similar to the official case I had for the Lumia 930 but nothing so far, the issue for me is the screen being edge to edge on the 959xl, it's just asking to smash if dropped...it looks good but longevity is not in my mind...

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
mryan,

I use this Vertical Canvas Pouch when I have to be on a jobsite, and for me it works well:

Amazon.com: for Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Canvas Pouch Belt Clip Case Cover Black Vertical Stylus Pen ApexGears (TM) Phone Bag: Cell Phones & Accessories

it adds a lot of protect aginst a variety of things. I use it in conjunction with the Orzly Fusion Bumper Case, I also have a VALKYRIE Flip Slim Wallet Case, but the wallet style does NOT work well (too big) with this pouch.

I might try one of those pouch belt clips. It's always hard to get a gauge for how things look from pictures on Amazon, but it looks like it may do the trick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb