De-brand your AT&T Lumia 640 LTE.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know for sure if the official 10 update includes firmware, but I do know that AT&T no longer can stick its grubby hands in the way.

Wanted to chime in...the AR ROM does include a pre-WM10 firmware which is newer than other variants. And I am running it now.

Last edited:

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
mmm I'm hesitating because some necessary files are no longer available through official channels... so you basically have to put your trust in the people giving them out. :/

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
mmm I'm hesitating because some necessary files are no longer available through official channels... so you basically have to put your trust in the people giving them out. :/

If you want the files from the official channels then here is one method. Its as official as it gets, directly from Windows Device Recovery Tool.

onem8wp

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
So, I thought we (ATT/Go) had these bands active as per GSM Arena:

LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)

Now it appears to be only LTE bands 1, 7 and 8? I bought two of these thinking I had band 3. Very surprised and disappointed!

edit: Saw this on the AAT/Go website: 4G-LTE Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 17. Now I'm even more confused.

Last edited:

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
If you want the files from the official channels then here is one method. Its as official as it gets, directly from Windows Device Recovery Tool.

That's the guide I've been trying to use and everytime when I get to the actual flashing it fails. I'll try mixing both tutorials and see what happens.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
That's the guide I've been trying to use and everytime when I get to the actual flashing it fails. I'll try mixing both tutorials and see what happens.
Yes that's going to fail because the device is an AT&T variant. It would work for other variants without any issues. You can use that guide to download the files from the official sources. Then follow the xda debranding guide and flash it.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes that's going to fail because the device is an AT&T variant. It would work for other variants without any issues. You can use that guide to download the files from the official sources. Then follow the xda debranding guide and flash it.

Wow, AT&T really put their hands deep in the phone!

The Cab files transfer but then I get an error:

Installation failed (HRESULT = 0x8024a110)

And the phone doesn't reboot or anything :(

Last edited by a moderator:

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The hack only works on 8.1. If you're getting that error on WM10 then you'll have to roll back.

Oh! I found a post on reddit!

https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone/comments/4bcvgg/comprehensive_guide_to_lumia_640_unlocking/

ERROR: 0x801882c1 Command failed: make sure there are only 3 files in the \debrandfiles directory. Do not change or add new files there.

That was my error!

Do I need to delete the 4th file I had in there from my phone though?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes they will..you don't need to worry about them. As soon as the files have been transferred follow the instructions and flash the phone. You should be all set...

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes they will..you don't need to worry about them. As soon as the files have been transferred follow the instructions and flash the phone. You should be all set...

Ha ha nice, thanks. I'm a bit paranoid when it get to files found on the Web. I never want to get caught in a sort of "this file was infected with that and it steals you data from your phone". I know, it's a bit tinfoil hat-ish of me but we hear so many things these days that I'd rather be over careful :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire