Microsoft Lumia 640 xl Downloading APPS

John brenchley

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
How long does it take to download apps? my old 635 took no more than 2 mins, on my 640xl 30 mins passed by and was still pending, i went to bed and finally saw it loaded, but how long did that take, whats the problem?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
How long does it take to download apps? my old 635 took no more than 2 mins, on my 640xl 30 mins passed by and was still pending, i went to bed and finally saw it loaded, but how long did that take, whats the problem?

really depends on the app, the internet connection conditions (WiFi, data) and the store server conditions. Last night I decided to hard reset my 640XL and it took 1.5hs to download 83 apps total. I'd say for me on average no more than 30s - 1min depending on apps.
This is on LTE (~30Mb/s where I live) or through my WiFi (20Mb/s).

If you have the problem no matter where you are, try soft reset. If still the same, try a hard reset. If still the same then it may be your radio and/or WiFi is bad. If it depends on where you are then it probably has to do with your internet connection.

John brenchley

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
also now i noticed i put all my info on my sd card on old nokia lumia, put in my 640 xl, my contacts show like my pics, but when reieved a text from friend it didn't show up his name? thou i have it on contacts?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
also now i noticed i put all my info on my sd card on old nokia lumia, put in my 640 xl, my contacts show like my pics, but when reieved a text from friend it didn't show up his name? thou i have it on contacts?

you may have to transfer your contacts from you previous SIM to the new one. At least under W10M there is an option under People tile/app, Settings under SIM section that allows you to import from SIM. You can also use Transfer my Data app to transfer via BT from old phone to new phone (did that recently for my son from L920 to L640 and worked fine - PS, my son had exactly what you experienced, contacts in list, however when those contacts texted him it showed the phone number).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster