How do I get email notifications for a new email to other folders apart from inbox?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to get email notification for new email to other folders apart from inbox

I have been given a lumia 950 at work but used to have an android based phone. I have configured my work email and can see the inbox and all other folders as I should.

The problem then starts here, on my desktop outlook I have email rules that move new emails from certain people into relevant folders for them but on the lumia I only see a notification saying there is new email in the inbox and not for the other folders I have. On the android I used to have this would show all new emails on one screen even if they were in another folder.

How can I be notified of new emails arriving into other folders within my mailbox or have them showing up on the first screen like the android or otherwise the phone will be unusable as I will miss too many important work emails because they don't show me notifications that they have arrived.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to get email notification for new email to other folders apart from inbox

I have been given a lumia 950 at work but used to have an android based phone. I have configured my work email and can see the inbox and all other folders as I should.

The problem then starts here, on my desktop outlook I have email rules that move new emails from certain people into relevant folders for them but on the lumia I only see a notification saying there is new email in the inbox and not for the other folders I have. On the android I used to have this would show all new emails on one screen even if they were in another folder.

How can I be notified of new emails arriving into other folders within my mailbox or have them showing up on the first screen like the android or otherwise the phone will be unusable as I will miss too many important work emails because they don't show me notifications that they have arrived.

I think you also have to sync those folders on your phone. When you open the mail app, and then press on the top left menu, you'll see which folders are visible and which are under more. So sync the ones you need and I believe you will receive notifications for emails going into those folders as well

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to get email notification for new email to other folders apart from inbox

You could also "pin" specific email folders to your Start Screen. New mail indicator will show for each new mail received as well as show first line of email beaded on your set Tile size.
However, it sounds like you have several folders that you monitor for new mail messages. In that case, I have pinned several email folders to my Start Screen and then stored all those Tiles/Folders in a shared folder.
Anther handy trick on Windows Phone /Mobile, is that you can pin a contact to your Start a screen as you will be kept abreast of all correspondence - email, mixed calls, voicemail, texts, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte