Battery life

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I already activated the battery saver and disabled all the background apps. I did not switch off GPS and wifi (mobile data is off) because I was under the impression that the battery saver takes care of that. But even with these things turned on I still feel that the phone that was fully charged in the evening should not be at just 85% in the morning.

640 LTE, from 10 pm to 5 am - 4G in not on but wifi is (battery saver is also activated)

WP8.1

When I bought this phone, I tested the battery life while Stand-by. The conditions were:
- 2G (edge)
- wifi disabled
- nfc disabled
- bt disabled
- battery saver enabled
- glance 30 sec.

The phone was not used at all. It was just ready to receive a phone call, lying on my desk at the same location all the time.

After the first 12 hours the battery went from 100 % -> 96 %.
After 24 hours the battery was 92 %.

I also tested 12 hours when battery saver was disabled. I have three active email accounts and phone received some emails during that period. I think that at least one of the accounts was configured to sync every 2 hours.
When battery saver was disabled, after 12 hours the battery went from 100 % -> 92 %.

Gatuzalem

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
After a few more days of testing the results are not perfect but they are better. Battery saving function seems to have no impact on battery life in my case. The battery now drains acceptable 4-5% overnight (22-05) with or without saving app. At least it's not 15% anymore. I'm not sure what I did or if i did anything but after the last change the battery drains slower. I don't want to turn wifi or GPS off since that defeats the purpose of having a smartphone in my opinion. What's important is that I can use this phone for 2-3 days (moderate use) without having to recharge now.

Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone who uses 950 for some time could write sth about SOT? I use Lumia 640 a lot (wp8.1) writing emails, web browsing and all those things that requires screen to be on and now wondering how it impact battery life in Lumia 950? Many people here write about 2-3 days battery life, where on my Lumia 640 I can't even get full 2 days

mauzi

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
You are lucky, my Lumia 640 drains 40/50% of battery during the night! And with GPS and WiFi disabled!

I have already made an hard reset to factory default, so there aren't strange applications installed on it, exept for the Microsoft Lumia standard ones.

So, with GPS and WiFi disabled, pure standby mode (without using it), my battery life is less than 20 hours.. I'm very disappointed.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Guys, when I first got my 640, I had the same issue.

It's due to battery calibration. The battery is new and still needs a couple weeks to calibrate. To speed this up, I let the battery drain and then recharge completely, and it also keeps your battery healthy by draining all the way. The fast battery drainage should dissipate soon.

Hope it helps.

Anix90s

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Using Lumia 640.
The battery was ok with W8.1. With W10 10586.63, the battery is draining faster. Well, that's natural, I guess, as W10 uses more resources than 8.1. But even though some apps are "not allowed" to run in background, they still show notifications when battery saver is off. Need help!
Additionally, Outlook mail app is "always allowed" to run in background but it doesn't when battery saver is on. It needs to be synced manually to get mails at the time. Again, need help!

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone who uses 950 for some time could write sth about SOT? I use Lumia 640 a lot (wp8.1) writing emails, web browsing and all those things that requires screen to be on and now wondering how it impact battery life in Lumia 950? Many people here write about 2-3 days battery life, where on my Lumia 640 I can't even get full 2 days

Hi,

I own a L640 LTE dual sim. with windows 8.1 on it, I usually got a full day of productivity without needing a recharge, with Windows 10 it has been all over from 5 hours of battery life to now being the same full day with the latest fastring update.

with moderate usage you can get a full day for sure, but not 2 days. try to set display brightness to medium and then turn on auto brightness.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2