Battery life

Gatuzalem

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Battery on my Lumia 640 drains a lot faster than expected. The phone is new and even with the battery saving option turned on and no apps running in the background it still drains 10-15% overnight. Not sure what else to do, I would appreciate any advice...

anon(7929613)

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Go to battery saver. Disable all the background tasks. Also, switch off your GPS, wifi/mobile data(one among them), nfc, internet sharing, supersensitive touch and sunlight readability enhancements. These things are at on by default. Also make sure that you set WiFi to switch ON manually. This will improve your battery life.

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
well, you shouldn't worry about battery life on a Lumia 640, specially with it's bigger 2500 mAh battery! can you be precise with your details?

whats your exact mobile? 640 LTE dual sim? or 3G single sim?

what you mean by overnight? is it from 10 p.m to 7 a.m? do you leave 4G on?

I use a Lumia 640 LTE dual sim and I plug the phone to my charger around 4 a.m every day. so i start the day with a full charge.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Go to battery saver. Disable all the background tasks. Also, switch off your GPS, wifi/mobile data(one among them), nfc, internet sharing, supersensitive touch and sunlight readability enhancements. These things are at on by default. Also make sure that you set WiFi to switch ON manually. This will improve your battery life.

Agreed. Also don't forget Bluetooth.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

how do u turn off super sensitive touch?

Sent from mTalk

Gatuzalem

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site

I already activated the battery saver and disabled all the background apps. I did not switch off GPS and wifi (mobile data is off) because I was under the impression that the battery saver takes care of that. But even with these things turned on I still feel that the phone that was fully charged in the evening should not be at just 85% in the morning.

well, you shouldn't worry about battery life on a Lumia 640, specially with it's bigger 2500 mAh battery! can you be precise with your details?

whats your exact mobile? 640 LTE dual sim? or 3G single sim?

what you mean by overnight? is it from 10 p.m to 7 a.m? do you leave 4G on?

I use a Lumia 640 LTE dual sim and I plug the phone to my charger around 4 a.m every day. so i start the day with a full charge.

640 LTE, from 10 pm to 5 am - 4G in not on but wifi is (battery saver is also activated)

Are you running WP8.1 or one of the preview builds of W10M?

WP8.1

Gloria Barros

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having same problem with my battery , but with a boot so fast that if I blink after turning it on I'm on home screen. I just bought this phone at best buy today.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I use my L640 LTE extremely and really no issues with battery, actually this is one of my favourite phone in terms of batt life.
I have everything on! gps, wifi, 4G, email push sync, all apps working in the background, and BATTERY SAVER "TURNED OFF"!!!
Some time ago I heard a kind of story or sth that the more you try to save battery in this phone the more power it consumes, and in my case so it is. I would suggest to factory reset the phone, scratch everything from the beginning, and not turning off anything.
I know it's weird but ...

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
am running W10 Mobile. with 8.1 you shouldn't worry at all. I'm guessing some 3rd party app you have installed is draining the battery. I noticed a huge battery drain when i had "true caller" app installed, uninstalled it at phone is back to normal. ty to pick at your installed aps.

Gatuzalem

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, that's what I'll have to do. One of the reasons why I bought this phone in the first place is it's battery. Like most people here, others are also pleased with it's quality. Seeing that other phones lose 1%, 2% or nothing at all overnight I am even more convinced that something is wrong with mine. I just hope it's some app and not the phone itself.

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I thought that the battery saver function starts controlling apps after it reaches 20%. Before that it doesn't monitor or control anything. If you've got your GPS on the whole time (plus any other constantly reporting apps like BT) this is a likely culprit.

Other factors such as network signal strength affect the battery - so if you're in a low signal area the phone bumps up the radios to keep the signal, which uses more battery.

I switched off most of the interactive actions too, such as tap to wake and I limited Glance Screen to 30 seconds.

I get two days out of my 640XL without effort, but only after I tuned the settings.

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
My 640XL takes a minute or more, to boot up to home screen. If yours is that fast, maybe they've slipped a faster processor/more RAM in yours as a lovely surprise! On the other hand something is chewing your battery and wonder whether you can replace it in store for a new one?

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Battery on my Lumia 640 drains a lot faster than expected. The phone is new and even with the battery saving option turned on and no apps running in the background it still drains 10-15% overnight. Not sure what else to do, I would appreciate any advice...
Turn Off the battery saver and then check your phone. In some cases its consuming more power instead of saving it !!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I thought that the battery saver function starts controlling apps after it reaches 20%. Before that it doesn't monitor or control anything. If you've got your GPS on the whole time (plus any other constantly reporting apps like BT) this is a likely culprit.

Other factors such as network signal strength affect the battery - so if you're in a low signal area the phone bumps up the radios to keep the signal, which uses more battery.

I switched off most of the interactive actions too, such as tap to wake and I limited Glance Screen to 30 seconds.

I get two days out of my 640XL without effort, but only after I tuned the settings.

You can set the battery saver to kick in at 20%, remain off, on until next charge or on constantly on Wp8.1.

In WM10, I recall seeing a setting where you can adjust when the battery saver kicks in via a slider.

To the OP, check if NFC is turned on, bluetooth, gps + location services.

Also if your email is set to sync as mail as arrives or at a set time that will cause some drain.

On the consumer side I'm only aware of outlook.com supporting native push on WP 8.x without fumbling around with settings (no drain).

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
check your apps. I remember once installing a battery saver app and it used to drain my battery by trying to read the battery level all the time so it could display it on the live tile...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss