Lumia 930 still worth it?

SeaWindows

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Is the Lumia 930 still worth buying in terms of it's hardware being able to handle new features that W10M might introduce and in terms of app support?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I suppose, for the right price...

I wouldn't expect new hardware features, but I'm sure it'll work fine... like I picked up an Android phone from around the same time and it handles Marshmallow reasonably well.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I believe it is as well as the 1520. That phone does everything extremely well and smooth. It still has a great camera. Haac mics, a crisp screen, etc. The only thing I would worry about is the age of the battery. You might want to replace it.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Is windows 10 update available for 930? Do we get LTE in Canada? I have an option to buy the 930 for about CAD$250

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
i got my 930 for about ?150.. I wouldnt pay any more than about ?200 ($225) max

As others have said, register for Insider, download the app.. then update :)

Your 930 is good to go for W10M.. dont worry

Last edited:

maltesehamster

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. No battery issues. The screen and camera are amazing. Got Windows 10 through insider - there are a few minor bugs but nothing that bothers me. This phone has won me back over from a year with Android.

davidsunsbk

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
It still worth it depends on the price if you're not talking about comparing to $29.99 sale on 640XL. The specs and makes are excellent for 930 especially for the camea, and it runs WM10 smoothly. I'm currently using 930 for 2 years and the 950/95XL won't let make me want to give up 930.

erichuo

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
i would say yea, it's still worthy to get one in good price. i just got one from amazon for $220, i thought it is good price and the phone is indeed good quality, except a few scratch on the front screen and only H+ with Tmobile. But with the win10, it develops a lot, i think, since i can use it for whole day without asking for my 5s help. Apps would be problems but not that suck actually. The power life, since i just use it to chat and call, it might last for half day, just bring a charger with u would be fine. it just little slower than 950, but lot cheaper. At least, i like it as i like iOS :)

sadbiker

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Picked one up weekend before Xmas of eBay for ?100 whilst mine was with MS for a month for warranty repair. That's how much I like the 930, my spare is now my wife's phone. Great camera, works well with W10 via insider route, fantastic screen. I had to use a Lumia 800 at first and couldn't believe how far the phones and software have progressed.

Christian Holzer

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Is the Lumia 930 still worth buying in terms of it's hardware being able to handle new features that W10M might introduce and in terms of app support?
Both my wife and I have a 930, running W10M. Totally worth it unless you really need continuum or one of the other 950 exclusive features.
Image quality of the 930 camera is just awesome.

Usman Burki

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Both my wife and I have a 930, running W10M. Totally worth it unless you really need continuum or one of the other 950 exclusive features.
Image quality of the 930 camera is just awesome.
Id say good for you. It is indeed good to hear it is working perfectly for someone. My experience with Lumia 930 running win8.1 and tht of pretty much anyone I've spoken to who have same cell have strong words for all the things that don't work and the universal (so it seemed at least until I sae your post) issues like mic/proximity sensor. My experience is Lumia 800 to 920 was definite improvement. Lumia 930 is horrible device in all sense (hardware & software). I don't mean just software third party but MS software on it, OS ability to switch between apps without crashing them etc. I'm moving to Lumia 950xl and with one month trial period see if it is any improvement else I'm ending my years long relationship with Windows phone. It ruins not just my personal life but work life. None of the people I've directly spoken to who use this device have any kind words for it, its hardware, its software. Guys are buying iPhone, Samsung cells and after use are happy (I asked the ones using iPhone). This is why your post make me rather pleasantly surprised but tht is good.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just be careful where you buy it from... got mine from a reputable Amazon seller and several months later it's a brick.

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been very good and would buy again if it wasn't for all the comments of people getting duds (bad mics, etc).

If you don't need the 20mp camera, just a fast w10 phone, you could get the Xiaomi Mi4 and flash w10 on it. Has a better processor, more ram, more battery, 1080p screen and the ability to go to android should you get bored of w10. All for lumia 650 money. Not all Mi4 versions work though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss