Is there an App that allows one to easily/simply view current GPS Coordinates on the 640? I've been through the Windows App Store and tried a couple of apps but they either didn't work or I was doing something wrong.
    01-19-2016 05:51 PM
    "GPS Calculator" or "GPS Calculator Pro" by Kitya
    The latter lets you import/export to Onedrive
    magnetic declination, navigation and digital compass, track recording, sun and moon and even GPX, KML and HTML
    Both work great
    01-19-2016 06:26 PM
    Also try GPS Satelite. Seems to work fine for me on my 640 and 640XL.
    01-19-2016 06:31 PM
    Jack of tools has this feature but comes with other stuff as well
    01-20-2016 11:39 PM
    There is an app called "Hardware Tests". Very useful!
    It shows in detail how your location is obtained (wireless networks, gsm transmitters or gps), and the accouracy.
    01-22-2016 04:03 AM
    Question - do all these apps require that you either have Cellular Signal Coverage or Wi-Fi Coverage in order for the app to determine your GPS location?
    01-23-2016 04:11 AM
    That was weird. I uninstalled Windows Central from Tapatalk because it didn't seem to be working right then reinstalled it. When prompted to log in, it logged me in as LumiaGuy01. I posted the above question and noticed the discrepancy so uninstalled WC and then reinstalled and typed in my proper Username and here I am.

WTH is up with that?
    01-23-2016 04:23 AM
    Question - do all these apps require that you either have Cellular Signal Coverage or Wi-Fi Coverage in order for the app to determine your GPS location?
    Does anyone have a answer to this question? My guess is the "GPS" in the phone is not a true GPS Receiver that "sees" GPS Satellite signals to determine your location and instead uses Cellular Data ie the Location feature of the phone to determine the current physical location.
    02-02-2016 12:29 PM
    My guess is the "GPS" in the phone is not a true GPS Receiver that "sees" GPS Satellite signals to determine your location and instead uses Cellular Data ie the Location feature of the phone to determine the current physical location.
    What on earth are you talking about? Of course there is a gps receiver.
    02-02-2016 01:28 PM
    What on earth are you talking about? Of course there is a gps receiver.

Then why has every GPS App I've tried to use to pull coordinates failed to function unless I have Cellular signal or WiFi coverage? If the phone has a GPS receiver, it should work anywhere the sky view is not blocked by trees, buildings, etc.
    02-02-2016 02:10 PM
    Then why has every GPS App I've tried to use to pull coordinates failed to function unless I have Cellular signal or WiFi coverage? If the phone has a GPS receiver, it should work anywhere the sky view is not blocked by trees, buildings, etc.
    I don't have any idea what the problem is with your phone, but I have a 640 that is dedicated as a GPS device in my car and it's not connected to a cellular connection or WiFi and it works great, so it definitely has a true GPS.
    02-02-2016 03:17 PM
    Maybe there is a hardware problem with your phone? That is not uncommon, I think. Perhaps the gps chip of your phone is not fully functional?

edit:
    Try this app, it should tell you if the gps receiver is working or not:
    https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=Q55seJkh
    02-02-2016 04:23 PM