External microphones do not work while shooting video with my 950XL, how can I get them working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

External microphones does not work while shooting video with my 950XL

Hi,

I am using the 950XL at my work and love it.

Recently I bought a USB Microphone (Rode Podcaster). It works really well while using it to record voice-interviews with the audio recorder?..but while shooting video the phone uses the internal mic instead of the external!?

Today I also tried with Rode SmartLav+ using the normal audio-part. Still the microphone could not be used in video but works fine with voicerecorder. And yes - I added the microphone to let it use the camera.

When connecting the same microphone to my Iphone 6 it could instantly be used in video-mode...which is sad since I wanted to use the outstanding video in my 950XL.

This just can?t be right?! Why having a high-end phone with a beautiful camera and USB OTG and do not letting it to support external microphones (both 3,5mm and USB) in video???? In situations like this I actually feel a bit stupid not going for an iPhone as my primary phone.

Have Microsoft simply forgotten to unlock something in the code for the video-app? Do they realize people actually uses the device in work for interviewing and so on....It just don?t make any sense!? :/

HELP!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Per (Sweden)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb