WTH is going on?

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I've had my 640 for a few months now, and it has worked great; up until a week ago when something happened to the app store and everyone started having problems with apps not updating and everything. I've been trying to update my phone to W10 through the WI app, but had some trouble over Xmas because of storage issues. Once I cleaned out some stuff and moved other stuff to my SD, I decided to give it a shot that same weekend when all these problems started for everyone. But, before I updated, I decided to do a hard reset to get off all the trash memory to make sure I had plenty for the new install. (This was at midnight on a Sunday night a couple weeks ago). So, the next morning at work, after plenty of time for the phone to redownload all my apps, texts, call logs, etc...., I was checking everything and that's when I noticed some of my apps weren't working anymore. I lost my Fitbit app, Shazam app, AND the damn Windows Insider app won't load now either! It just says I have a network error. So, since then, a few things started working again, (still not those apps), but today, all of the sudden......my wordflow swipe and spell check on texting just QUIT WORKING. :/

Is anybody else having this problem with their 640 (AT&T)? I don't understand what is going on with it. Please help :amaze:

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
If you set up Windows phone to do it, it should have already backed up your texts and settings. Aside from that of you can get the backup and restore app, I would use it just to be sure. Recovery tool is my recommendation as well. If that doesn't fix the issue, then warranty the phone.

smf98aggie

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'll try that. I have the Recovery Tool on my computer. I've just never used it before. I have an 830 that already has W10 on it that I switched from (power button is broken, but still works). I would just switch back to it until they do the official release of W10, but the SIM cards are different sizes :/

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I would try the recovery tool, then if it seems fix the issues during setup, go ahead and try getting W10M. Since you are starting fresh, you shouldn't have any issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon