Lumia 950 huge screen calibration problem. Please test and post results.

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
e4cbb1ab22d2ee10cb82345a5176b9ad.png

LOL, this is getting funny!

How can they tell that this is normal behaviour?!?

tofferne

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
The best I can say for everyone who have updates from insider. Reinstall your phone from Settings - in About, choose a clean shot, not an old update who bring back all he ****.
It helps a lot of all apps, clear up a lot of things. We try on more than 20 phones. It?s a little bit well know problems from Windows, make a new and clean shot, layer on layer never brings some good for our OS.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I sent the gamma test image to my 930 and will check it out at home. In the meantime I looked at it on my Nexus 5X and it looks fine.

Alex Belarus

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm really disappointed... If this is "normal behaviour" for your AMOLED displays, then don't use it in so expensive hi-end devices like Lumia 950!

Oh..It's making me angry...

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm really disappointed... If this is "normal behaviour" for your AMOLED displays, then don't use it in so expensive hi-end devices like Lumia 950!

Oh..It's making me angry...

It's no use...they don't care about any of our money and they don't seem to respect us as customers at all.not even one bit.

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Get a grip. Lumia 950/XL are currently one of the best phones around hardware wise. And comparing to a LCD screen? Go do a contrast test :)

Did you do the test in this thread?
Contrast isn't the problem here...
And of course you can compare it with a LCD.
But anyway, put it next to any other amoled, download and run the images from here and you'll see the disaster...

Last edited:

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you do the test in this thread?
Contrast isn't the problem here...
And of course you can compare it with a LCD.
But anyway, put it next to any other amoled, download and run the images from here and you'll see the disaster...

Seems that we face again a total lack of quality control from Microsoft.

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I checked this test image multiple times, unfortunately, I didn't have a camera ready earlier. Here is an example of my screen. It's actually better than the one from earlier. The one from earlier was black from 1-7 with a grey line somewhere in between them. I will continue to retest and add to this post.
wp_20160129_23_07_30_pro.jpg

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
@james - that is still very bad...
Can anyone have access to a Samsung amoled?
Doesn't really matter which model (except note one, it has the same problem). Then we can put it side by side and compare in both test images and videos. I wasn't able to get a hold of tha s6 that I had a month ago yet, but maybe next week... That will be the ultimate test and comparison before I'll send it to the repair center, so no one feeds me the same crap that this is how amoleds look.

venki m

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Lol.... So many issues in Lumia 950 so many scenario missed by Microsoft testing team... Dev and testers in Microsoft are fit for nothing.... They say 950 is a flagship.. Lol its just the prototype released to production. they are not capable of fixing OS issues.... I guess when you get latest update 10586.71 the LCD will blow off . Similar to mic blown out in Lumia 930...and they will not even open their a** to fix it.....

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Lol.... So many issues in Lumia 950 so many scenario missed by Microsoft testing team... Dev and testers in Microsoft are fit for nothing.... They say 950 is a flagship.. Lol its just the prototype released to production. they are not capable of fixing OS issues.... I guess when you get latest update 10586.71 the LCD will blow off . Similar to mic blown out in Lumia 930...and they will not even open their a** to fix it.....

what testers? those that Nadella laid off? what devs? those that were moved to other departments? every photo Gabe Aul is posting on twitter with the win10 team has at most 10-12 people in it. I wonder if Apple and Google have only a dozen on engineers working in the OS department...for sure not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb