About the free display dock?

geminicubique

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if any one who bought a Lumia 950XL in Microsoft online store of US between Jan12th to Jan 16th has already received your free display dock.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
MS says it takes 8-12 weeks for shipping (I am in Canada). They use mailman on foot.:angry:

Last edited:

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I received my 950XL last Thursday, Jan 14. I submitted my free dock offer on Jan 16. I just received the dock via FedEx 5 minutes ago. So less than a week. Interestingly, the point of origin label on the shipping box is "Microsoft Return Ctr". The dock's retail box looks to be resealed as there's traces of text stencil that is left when the security tape is removed to open the box flap just to the side of the current tape. Contents inside the box looked fine although the user guide looked suspiciously used. So this is how Microsoft gets away with sending out "free" docks. They're either returns or refurbished. Anyone else receive similar?

geminicubique

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I am sorry to hear that. what makes me confused is that why it will take nearly sixty days to ship the package while the display docks are in stock right now.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine came quickly, and is brand new. Better yet, I bought the Xl second hand, so I guess the original owner never requested it. :)

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
8-12 weeks to go for me. Just ordered it last night with help from MS Store tech support. The promo never showed up in Lumia Offers. Then it shows up this morning. UGH. Too little too late. No wonder peeps were frustrated with the promo.

Fran_FLV

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I claimed mine more than two months ago and still waiting for it. A friend got it within a week, but I'm not so lucky. I'd never expect such a joke from Microsoft. I'm really disappointed. The point is that the dock Is available on the online store for month.... Too bad

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I claimed mine more than two months ago and still waiting for it. A friend got it within a week, but I'm not so lucky. I'd never expect such a joke from Microsoft. I'm really disappointed. The point is that the dock Is available on the online store for month.... Too bad

Have you contacted support to find out the hold up? Something is wrong here for sure.

Fran_FLV

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did. They told me everything is ok which (imho) is not true... they said it's not in stock (but the web says it's in stock). I'll wait until 12 weeks and then maybe they agree with me anything is wrong. It could happen with a minor reseller but coming from Microsoft... I can't believe it

Fran_FLV

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Today I called Microsoft support for 6th time and, surprise!, they told me there was a bug with my order... 2 months waiting for nothing and 5 employees didn't really want to help me... So, finally, they canceled the order and created a new one. It should be deliver within a week (but I don't trust them anymore)

aetneerg83

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I received my 950XL last Thursday, Jan 14. I submitted my free dock offer on Jan 16. I just received the dock via FedEx 5 minutes ago. So less than a week. Interestingly, the point of origin label on the shipping box is "Microsoft Return Ctr". The dock's retail box looks to be resealed as there's traces of text stencil that is left when the security tape is removed to open the box flap just to the side of the current tape. Contents inside the box looked fine although the user guide looked suspiciously used. So this is how Microsoft gets away with sending out "free" docks. They're either returns or refurbished. Anyone else receive similar?

So let me get this right, you traveled into the future on the 16th and submitted your free dock and somehow went back into the past and received it on January 14th. Interesting.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
  1. Go to your MS account online
  2. click on link provided to you by MS when sent you email confirmation that your order was complete

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
So let me get this right, you traveled into the future on the 16th and submitted your free dock and somehow went back into the past and received it on January 14th. Interesting.

Erm...READ the post again. I received the PHONE on the 14th. I placed the DOCK ORDER on the 16th. The DOCK arrived on the 22nd. I do not have the capability to time travel anymore since I sold the hot tub. But thanks for quoting my comment anyway. :winktongue:

Ariman Amin

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
  1. Go to your MS account online
  2. click on link provided to you by MS when sent you email confirmation that your order was complete

I only receive confirmation email that say "Dear ariman,
Thank you for submitting your claim to redeem your free Microsoft Display Dock.
Your submission has been successfully recorded and your gift will be shipped to the address provided within 6 to 8 weeks.
Kind regards,
The Microsoft Lumia Team
".. That's all.. No tracking number or anything..

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
This looks incomplete email from MS. It happens when you
  1. do not process your gift order on your WP phone
  2. do not complete your order to the end specifying payment method (although payment= $0 still you need to provide a method like PayPal, credit card, etc. you will NOT be charged for this gift)

When this is completed you immediately receive an email from MS saying:

[h=1]Thanks for shopping with us[/h]
Dear A.A.,

Thanks for your order from Microsoft on Jan 2, 2016. You'll find your order details below.
We'll send you a separate email with tracking information when your products are ready to ship.

LOOK UP MY ORDER (hot link takes you to your MS account showing status of shipment)

Order number: 237848449923
Order date: etc.

After clicking on above link you see all details including a complete invoice $0 etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs