Lumia 950 Internet and App Problems

Martinie

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey Guys,
Im new here, so sorry if my Problems are already answered somewhere else.
I?ve gotmyself the 950 for Christmas, its my first Windows Phone.

But Ive got several problems, First the Windows Store, either its not loading at all, app dont download, apps dont update. Usually a restart helps but thats not an option everytime :/

Second on Apps that use Internet like Whatsapp: Pictures dont send, sometimes I cant receive pictures. It all seems really buggy.
Facebook App also sometimes doesnt refresh properly.

I also got this hiss and beep thing , mentioned in the other thread so I thought about an hard reset.
What would be the easiest way there to save my data and back it up again?

Hope You guys can help me :)

Its a really great phone just the software seems quite buggy atm :(

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,

But Ive got several problems, First the Windows Store, either its not loading at all, app dont download, apps dont update. Usually a restart helps but thats not an option everytime :/

Second on Apps that use Internet like Whatsapp: Pictures dont send, sometimes I cant receive pictures. It all seems really buggy.

I also got this hiss and beep thing , mentioned in the other thread so I thought about an hard reset.

Hi.
Well sorry to see your having a bad eexperience with your first WP. I shall do my best in order to get you a best experience with your phone.

Well first of all, did you checked for updates? If no then do so as there is an update waiting for you.
Second, what apps are you trying to download/update? Might tell me few so I can see
Regarding the WhatsApp thing, that's a server or your internet problem not an app cuz you're unable to send a picture so that might be a net problem. You can try to reinstall and check it again but make sure you BACK UP YOUR MESSAGES.
Again check your internet in the case of Facebook as well or try to reinstall.

The beep part I didn't understand. Mind explaining me more?

Well two ways are there for backup,

Cloud e.g OneDrive
Or PC

My personal opinion is that you are having a faulty connection as most of your issues are based on internet but then again, you should try what I said. If not, I'll be glad to help more :D

Martinie

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Thank you

Well I will reinstall Facebook and Whatsapp.
Phone is Up to date and the Apps trying to update where word and excel. They kinda did now after about a day ^^

I will report back after reinstalling :)

Martinie

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
So the reinstalling didnt help much except that I have the App now 2 times in my App center. One normal and one with "Pending" thats pretty annoying.

Well for the Wlan I figured in other Networks, the phone is way smoother which I cant understand cause none of my android devices have any problems with my wlan :/

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
So the reinstalling didnt help much except that I have the App now 2 times in my App center. One normal and one with "Pending" thats pretty annoying.

Well for the Wlan I figured in other Networks, the phone is way smoother which I cant understand cause none of my android devices have any problems with my wlan :/

Oh I see. Two questions,
Can you please tell me which 2 apps are those?
Are you in the insider program?

Martinie

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Im not in the Insider Program, dont even know what that is.

The Apps were, Whatsapp and Facebook, I deleted them again, then restartet my phone, then clicked on the "pending" ones and was able to install them again.

I figured out, its really my Wlan at home that cause many internet problems on the Phone.
I dont understand that though. I have several other Wlan devices: PS4, Laptop, Android Tablet etc.. and they all work fine.
My GF is using a Lumia 920 and has no Problems either.
Just me and my 950 :/ Does this phone need any specific Wlan properties?

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

The Apps were, Whatsapp and Facebook, I deleted them again, then restartet my phone, then clicked on the "pending" ones and was able to install them again.

I figured out, its really my Wlan at home that cause many internet problems on the Phone.
I dont understand that though. I have several other Wlan devices: PS4, Laptop, Android Tablet etc.. and they all work fine.

No man I don't think your phone needs any specific WLAN properties. It's just that sometimes this happens so a soft reset or restart fixes it but don't worry, its very rare.
One more thing, are you having an AT&T model?

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,

There is nothing much you can do, the entire OS is buggy and most apps are not updated. Hard reset does not solve anything.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

I used to have severe wifi issues with my 950. There seem to be a driver issue with the phone, not exactly quite sure what is wrong, but as you cannot alter advanced wifi settings for the network card like you could do on a pc, is not much that you can do now but to try playing with the channel,bandwidth: 20 or 40mhz in the router settings.try and see if it helps as in my case it did not, no matter what I was modifying. On two iphonestwo ipads and a galaxy s6 I was getting on the same network over 70mbps average down speed from three tests. with my Lumia I could not get past 15-16mbps down.

Martinie

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I used to have severe wifi issues with my 950. There seem to be a driver issue with the phone, not exactly quite sure what is wrong, but as you cannot alter advanced wifi settings for the network card like you could do on a pc, is not much that you can do now but to try playing with the channel,bandwidth: 20 or 40mhz in the router settings.try and see if it helps as in my case it did not, no matter what I was modifying. On two iphonestwo ipads and a galaxy s6 I was getting on the same network over 70mbps average down speed from three tests. with my Lumia I could not get past 15-16mbps down.

I feel you :/ I tried around alot but still on and off connection and slow speed , really annyoing.
I really hope future software updates can change that.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I feel you :/ I tried around alot but still on and off connection and slow speed , really annyoing.
I really hope future software updates can change that.

Well, I've sold my 950. Despite it was a great phone, the OS is a total mess, a buggy old joke. Even with the latest firmware installed and the latest .71 preview, the wifi performance was the same...same slow speeds, bluetooth takes ages to transfer a small photo and drops connection to my car's Parrot when other devices don't. SD Card peformance is also mediocre, no matter what kind of card I put in the phone: slow read/write speeds, phone itself works much worse with lags and hiccups when the card is installed.
I will miss it, but I cannot use a phone with such a terrible OS...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte