How to transfer SIM contacts from 1020 to new Android phone?

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I recently got an LG V10 (I know, I know, I hated giving up Windows Phone but I had to), and the ATT store was unable to transfer my SIM contacts to my new phone. The SIM from my 1020 was larger than the SIM for the V10, and apparently it's not possible for them to use their software to transfer SIM contacts off of Windows phone because of software restrictions.

I'd really like to get my contacts from my old SIM card transferred to my new phone but I can't figure out how to do it. I connected my 1020 to my computer but I can't find the SIM contacts anywhere in the file directory.

Any help?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The 1020 doesn't store contacts on the SIM. The contacts are stored in your Microsoft Account. So you'll need to add your Microsoft Account to your Gmail account on the V10. Then the contacts will sync.

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've already added the Microsoft account and transfered those contacts. I've had contacts on my SIM card since before the 1020 when there weren't "accounts" to save contacts to. They're my oldest and most important contacts.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I've already added the Microsoft account and transfered those contacts. I've had contacts on my SIM card since before the 1020 when there weren't "accounts" to save contacts to. They're my oldest and most important contacts.

Open the People app.
Tap the 3 dots ...
Go to settings.
Tap "import from SIM
Now the SIM contact are imported in your MS account (and automatically transfer to your new phone).

Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss