Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL Bugs + Defects

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Well.... it doesn't bother me, but I'm used to all my phones having that issue, heck even with my Blackberry 8330m back in 2007, I had that issue. It doesn't bother me just because I rarely look at it at those angles.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I bought my "Alky" Win 10 for a few reasons: As a way to get out of my T-Mobile JUMP program; tired of my iPhone 6s Plus and I was in drawn to Windows mobile in general. I am glad I made the move. The Alcatel screen shows finger prints more than my unlocked Lumia 640 and the
Lumia photos in my opinion seem better. I do like the the band 12 on the Alky though. It connects where my L640 does not. Alcatel will get my attention again if they can deliver a better camera. I did email them and tell them about the camera not delivering clear shots.
The screen is nice to look at making browsing a treat and the screen size is nice. It's mostly a good phone for the money.

Updated regarding finger prints: Today I took my phone to multiple venues. outdoors (California overcast/threatening rain/ beach. Then to an indoor mall and back home. I don't care to mention finger prints now because I quit noticing. Band 12 really shines in the T-Mobile weak/no signal black holes. The Win 10 OS runs quick on this one :)

So the camera in Redstone build 14332 works a lot better like really good pics.

rfutscher

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I am really disappointed with the camera.

I was taking pictures close to the Mexican border the other day, at least it looked like I was taking pictures. When I checked the pictures every time I got withing 200 - 300 feet of the border the pictures turned out all white. When I moved away from the border the pictures came out OK. This happened at multiple places.

I also took some pictures of scorpions at night. To see them you shine a UV light on them and they glow. The pictures came out overly blue with hardly any resolution. Looked like a bad comic in the Sunday paper. The pictures my friend took with an iPhone came out looking good.

Helen Allen

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
I have an Alcatel One Touch Fierce XL phone, carrier MetroPCS. I have two (2) problems: the sound recorder will start recording without my prompting it to do so. I can stop the recording, discard and close the app and within minutes it will randomly start recording again. This happens several times a day. Not at night while the phone is charging.

Second problem, when I text message more than two people or send a picture in a text to just one person, I get an error message (!time/a gray text box and a circle with ! in the middle). I was told it has something to do with my data plan, but I don't know. I can text one at a time if I have to but the sound recorder is something I wish I could get rid of.

Alex Zapata

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm still in the process of trying to figure out if what I'm dealing with is a software issue or a hardware issue. My Fierce XL received the 10586.545 update yesterday and immediately began rebooting itself every 5-10 minutes like clockwork. Figured it was probably a buggy update. Restored to a backup I made about a week ago. Still rebooting. Did a factory reset using the hardware keys. Still rebooting. Used the Device Recovery Tool and flashed to the default image provided. Everything seemed to be going fine.....then BAM. Back to rebooting Haven't installed anything new on this device in a while so I've pretty much ruled that out. At this point..... I'm thinking a warranty replacement might not be a bad idea.... I really wish there were more options for people wanting anything windows on TMO, but I'm not willing to give up wifi-calling or VoLTE, and I'm rather reluctant to switch back to android (Nexus or comparable IF I must....

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If your still dealing with the same issue after a factory reset and an original rom flash, then I would say your dealing with a hardware problem and that the warranty return is your best option. I have the same phone and have been using it with all the insider builds since they started, I have never had that or really any other hardware related problems. Just the typical and ever present build bugs, but since the last .67 update, almost if not all of those have gone away as well. I just wish Alcatel and TMO would release the Idol 4, been waiting for that for to long.

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
If your still dealing with the same issue after a factory reset and an original rom flash, then I would say your dealing with a hardware problem and that the warranty return is your best option. I have the same phone and have been using it with all the insider builds since they started, I have never had that or really any other hardware related problems. Just the typical and ever present build bugs, but since the last .67 update, almost if not all of those have gone away as well. I just wish Alcatel and TMO would release the Idol 4, been waiting for that for to long.

I got this phone for my roommate a couple of weeks ago and it's been restarting at random multiple times a day. She's on the latest release build of the anniversary update. I'm curious is your phone still working fine or does yours also restart on occasion without prompting it to?

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I retired my Alcatel about a month ago, did a complete reset back to factory and bought a 950 XL with the Continuum dock when B&H had it on a drastic one day blowout (349.00). It's now in the drawer. But I never had any restart issues as you have seen, and I ran insider preview builds all the way to RS2. The phone always performed great. Might want to try a reset and reload. I did that a couple of times just to clear out any possible potential build issue leftovers and it always seemed to perform better afterwards.

bulbousbrett

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I own two of these (for me and the spouse) - one runs perfectly and the other is super buggy.
The only difference: firmware.

The buggy one is running 1078.30.0121.2900
The other one is running 1078.30.01510.23300
OS build, hardware revision number, bootloader version, radio hardware/software version, and chip SOC version are all identical.

I first noticed a difference when booting the phones - the bad one shows "Alcatel" in blue, "OneTouch" in black, against a white background, then the Windows logo before showing the lock screen.
The good one shows the "AOT" logo in white against a black background, followed by the T-Mobile logo, then the Windows logo, and finally the lock screen.

Checking for phone updates on the buggy one results in it stating that the phone is up to date.

I haven't found a way to force a firmware update. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Bryan Andersen

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
Alcatel one touch fiece xl is just all around bad deal in my opinion I have One my wife and my Daughter has one they all have same issues, mapping lags big time some times we are sitting at home and on will say one of us is 3 towns away. wifi very bad issues there with all three phones. they dont even pick up signal from most of the towers near use. Alcatel has robed us I paid over 130 for each phone and they all have same problem. I just filled out my claim forms and recived 2 of them for refund but the other they are saying the 2yr plan i paid for on one is not showing up in system now I have to go threw it all again or go to store and ask for a refund on there end since there computer says I paid them for it and the plan does not show in system.

I am done Im going back to microsoft phones

jlcatel

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
I have an Alcatel One Touch Fierce XL phone, carrier MetroPCS. I have two (2) problems: the sound recorder will start recording without my prompting it to do so. I can stop the recording, discard and close the app and within minutes it will randomly start recording again. This happens several times a day. Not at night while the phone is charging.

Second problem, when I text message more than two people or send a picture in a text to just one person, I get an error message (!time/a gray text box and a circle with ! in the middle). I was told it has something to do with my data plan, but I don't know. I can text one at a time if I have to but the sound recorder is something I wish I could get rid of.

I bought my son and myself the same phone(Alcatel One Touch Fierce Xl) and recently started having the same problem with the sound recorder turning on without prompting it. I noticed it happens to me when I connect my phone to another device by Bluetooth or when I connect or disconnect from wifi. I hope to find a fix on this forum. It's really annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Akajaw

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
Alcatel fierce xl...
There is an issue with the maps. My phone says I left work @10:45 am and didn't return until 1:30 pm, yet it has no info on where I allegedly went. My fiance says I'm lieing and this has caused major strife emotionally...
Has this been a documentated concern ?
I'm really beside myself here forum folks...HELP

mapackard

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I have had the notifications issue for as long as I have had this phone. I'm more frustrated about missing calls because the phone doesn't ring or vibrate. Just shows up as a missed call.

Rezcor

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
I changed the charging port on my alcatel fierce xl but now the led stays on when i plug the battery back in and wont turn on. Can u explain this to me and if i can fix it? It would be greatly appreciated. Ty.

Neel Gandhi

Mar 8, 2018
Visit site
My Alcatel Fierce XL keeps on decreasing brightness and then the screen goes blank, but when i press the power button, the screen comes back on right where i left off. This happens when the screen is on, but I'm not using it for a few seconds. Also, when the screen comes back on it doesn't go to the lock screen. So, I'm not sure what's causing it, and auto-brightness isn't on.

Alex Zapata

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
After going through 3 that had faulty RAM or batteries and got stuck in boot loops I just switched to a 950 XL. The camera module freaks out all the time but at least I can use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99