Not receiving text message notifications on L1520...

williegeenutz

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else have this problem?

I have to open the messaging app to see if anybody has texted me. I've missed 2 very important time sensitive text messages already that have burned me.

Running W10 insider preview on L1520.

I also have a band 2 (hate how it manages messages), but this problem occurs even when bluetooth and band 2 is off/not connected.

Nothing shows up on glance/lock screen even if I have messaging chosen to show quick status.

Never had any issues on 8.1 like I have with W10 - thinking of flashing back to 8.1.

TIA

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue on 950XL. Check if messaging + skype app is allowed to run in background, if it's blocked, notifications will not work.

williegeenutz

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
smdh...I think this fixed it. Thanks much for the advice. I always disable most apps in the background to conserve battery life and had this one turned off as well. I don't think I had this issue until the recent messaging + skype update through the store. I could be wrong, but glad to see that it is working now.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
i have the same problem and messaging + skype app is allowed to run in background. This happend since the last update i think. Before that i have always seen the notifcations on glance screen and in the tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720