[Real Users] My Coship Moly X1 Review

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Who has a Coship Moly X1? Which Variant?

What's the good, the bad and the ugly? How long have you had it and what do you think?

Put your User Review here to help others. The more detail the better, we really appreciate hearing how it performs in the field.

You can find the detailed specifications here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/coship-moly-x1/408705-coship-moly-x1-specs-features.html

Here is a quick spec sheet.:
Windows 10 Mobile
5.5-inch HD or Full HD display with Gorilla Glass
Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 CPU
2GB of RAM
16GB internal storage with microSD expansion
13MP rear camera with dual-LED flash
5MP front camera
2600mAh battery

We want to see your in-depth reviews here. Also for quick posts about the device as you get used to it, we have another thread as well.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/co...pressions]-who-has-gotten-coship-moly-x1.html

Looking forward to seeing both of these threads fill up with Coship Moly X1 goodness!!!

frambly

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: [Quick Impressions] Who Has Gotten the Coship Moly X1

I just received my Moly X1. It just finished downloading my apps.

I have the limited edition Black 02. The difference from the Black 01 isn't obvious in photos. The Black 01 has a dark blue edging, and black power and volume buttons. The Black 02 has black edging, and shiny metal buttons.

Here are my first impressions:
1. When I opened the package there was an envelope, with my name hand-written on the front! Inside was a greeting card with a welcome message, and a handwritten signature. Needless to say, this is the first time that has ever happened to me . . . Also there was a cloth, a screen protector film, and a third party kickstand.
2. The phone is almost exactly the same size as an iPhone 6+, and it is gorgeous!
3. There were no instructions on how to remove the waterproof covers, or how to insert the SIM and SD cards. It took a bit of figuring out.
4. Battery was fully charged out of the box.
5. Restoring from my Lumia 640 backup was complicated when I realized that I had given both of my 640s the same name! I guessed one of them, and it turned out to be my spare 640. So then I had to reset, and restore from the other 640. I have now changed the name of my spare 640 . . . :)
6. When it was announced last year, it was advertised as being waterproof. However, they stated recently on Amazon that it isn't waterproof. Nevertheless, it still has the tight-fitting plastic covers over all the ports. Music doesn't come out of a speaker grille - there isn't one. Music comes from the entire glass front and rear of the phone - loudly! I do not intend to drop it in the bath to test it . . .
7. No glance, or double-tap to wake. I knew that when I bought it. But it does have double-tap to sleep.

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

Mine arrived today. I agree with Frambly and would add that it is blazing fast compared to my 928. It shipped with WM10 ... .0. It is now upgrading to .29. I'll give it a few days and if MS does not release .79 I'll join the insiders. The feel IMO is not premium but I am used to the little brick that is a 928. It came with a screen protector, sim tool and a aftermarket stick on stand (I'll pass) Here is some pics. I'll post more when I get it current.

/]WP_20160202_15_30_01_Pro.jpgWP_20160202_15_31_26_Pro.jpgWP_20160202_15_35_19_Pro.jpgWP_20160202_15_32_30_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

Really impressed at how well .29 runs on this. It was a sh...well, lets just say it did not run well on my 928.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss