Cortana is interrupting my music

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So when I'm out for a run, Bluetooth headphones in, enjoying life, Cortana tells me I have a text and asks me if I want to read it or ignore it. Fine. Seems like a cool feature and useful in some situations.

However when I'm running I don't want to have to reach for my phone to tell her to.ignore the text. I assumed once you didn't answer she'd assume you didn't care and would stop and Groove would resume. Cortana does give up and I guess assume you don't care but Groove doesn't resume.

Am I missing a setting?Is there something that needs to be done to resume enjoying my tunes and if not is there a way to stop Cortana from letting me know I have a text?

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have same issue. I usually like to have the text reading on, but if I have music playing and don't reply to Cortana then music does not resume. I don't want to keep changing settings.

I guess its just a minor bug, but these little things really shouldn't be there when it worked ok in WP8.1.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I have same issue. I usually like to have the text reading on, but if I have music playing and don't reply to Cortana then music does not resume. I don't want to keep changing settings.

I guess its just a minor bug, but these little things really shouldn't be there when it worked ok in WP8.1.

It was the same on WP8.1 too and it is the same even now. I just tested it on WP8.1, after reading your post.

When Cortana reads a text messages, it asks you a question "Whether to reply or not?" and it waits for your reply. If your reply with "Yes" or "No" then actions are taken accordingly and then the music resumes. In your case, I assume, it is waiting for that response.

So it is not a bug but a feature where Cortana is waiting for user input.

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It was the same on WP8.1 too and it is the same even now. I just tested it on WP8.1, after reading your post.

When Cortana reads a text messages, it asks you a question "Whether to reply or not?" and it waits for your reply. If your reply with "Yes" or "No" then actions are taken accordingly and then the music resumes. In your case, I assume, it is waiting for that response.

My apologies - thanks for taking the time to check this! I need to repair my rose-tinted glasses.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I'd classify that as a bug. The default action should be to resume whatever the user was doing if they don't reply within a set amount of time. Otherwise every time someone texts you you're going to have to restart your music.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss