Bluetooth issue - randomly disconnecting from headset - driving me crazy

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem since day one. Build .29, then came the FW update, then build .63, always the same. I did a hard reset three times since I have the phone but the problem is still here. And now to the actual problem: I have a plantronics voyager legend headset and sometimes during a call, sometimes when not in a call, the phone disconnects from the headset and it seems to be frozen, I can't even unlock the screen for 5-10 seconds. Bluetooth option becomes gray and sometimes BT turns on again after 10-15s, sometimes I have to reboot the phone because BT can't be turned on. Same thing happens when the phone is connected to my car, but when it's playing music on bluetooth speaker, everything is working ok.

Does anybody have any ideas? As a last solution that I can think of, I am going to try and reinstall the SW with lumia recovery tool.

wp_ss_20160126_0002 (Small).png

wp_ss_20160126_0003 (Small).png

Joao Simoes1

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. I have a Google Nexus 6 and a IPhone 6 connected to the same car and it never happens.
A solution or workaround will be great.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Today I tried a restore with WDRT..guess what? Still the same:( I will borrow another BT headset and try it..also another thread suggests turning wifi off and it should work better. I will try that too, but come on, these two features should work perfectly together as with all the phones I had so far.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
While on the topic of bluetooth snafus, today in the car the sound was horrendously distorted and soft, like it connected at super low bitrate. Hope that's a one-time thing. Also, Cortana still uses the 'phone' profile to announce things. Annoying.. :(

Edit: the distorted sound seems to have been a one-off. The fact that Cortana uses the voice call profile has not changed through.

Last edited:

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Installed .71, still the same problem.

I searched the internet and it seems that my type of headset (plantronics voyager legend) has some problems with note 5 and iphone 6s too...so it my be some generation phone problems..crap:(

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the Plantronics Savi M720 Headset and was having the very same problem...contacted Plantronics Customer Service ane they suggested I un-install the headset from the phone, and then re-install the headset, which of course I did...I don't know for sure if it was that, or a the .63 update, but I haven't had any issues as of late. Currently on Build .71

Claudio Maras

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I just got the Lumia 950XL and from day one I have the same issue with a Jawbone ERA handsfree.

I moved from the Lumia 930 which also had odd bluethooth issue but non as severe as this, I don't understand how they cannot fix this.

As far as I remember from Windows Phone 7 they have had issue with bluetooth, but this one is horrible and I'm returning the phone. Handsfree is a must for me and it is very disappointing this phone as well is suffering from these problems.

Also noticed this phone gets really hot and wonder if that is not part of the problem.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Lumia 950XL and from day one I have the same issue with a Jawbone ERA handsfree.

I moved from the Lumia 930 which also had odd bluethooth issue but non as severe as this, I don't understand how they cannot fix this.

As far as I remember from Windows Phone 7 they have had issue with bluetooth, but this one is horrible and I'm returning the phone. Handsfree is a must for me and it is very disappointing this phone as well is suffering from these problems.

Also noticed this phone gets really hot and wonder if that is not part of the problem.

Since the FW upgrade (01078.00038.16025.39030) few days ago and build .71 the disconnecting issue did not repeat, for two days now. It is true that it has been a weekend and I did not use BT much but I did have an 1h and 15min long phone call without any problems today. I really hope that it's fixed.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Where do you get FW ver 01078.00038.16025.39030? Please
I wish I could use that blooming Lumia 950XL normaly.

It should arrive as an update, but it depends where you bought the phone (country). Some already received an update, others not yet. If your phone is in developer preview mode, you have to switch it to production mode in windows insider app.

If you are tired of waiting there is also this solution: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...50-950xl-firmware-update-you-can-get-now.html

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
still on 01078.00027.15506.02005

just started happening a couple days ago? WTF? dropping out while streaming over Bluetooth to my car audio. Same issue...as described. Worked great for 4 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss