Random Pictures Have Crazy Colours on my 950

PhilJW

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20160124_0001 [78324].jpg

I just got my Lumia 950 and I've noticed an a few apps, pictures don't display properly. I've attached on image from the Backgrounds HD app. Notice it added some sort of purple hue and changed the blue banner to purple. It doesn't change my orange navigational bar though. Another app I use is POF and some pictures are perfect, then some pictures again are black and white with that purple hue.

Any ideas?

Phil

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 121316

I just got my Lumia 950 and I've noticed an a few apps, pictures don't display properly. I've attached on image from the Backgrounds HD app. Notice it added some sort of purple hue and changed the blue banner to purple. It doesn't change my orange navigational bar though. Another app I use is POF and some pictures are perfect, then some pictures again are black and white with that purple hue.

Any ideas?

Phil

Could be hardware related though I can't say for sure. Try changing the scaling to see if it still behaves the same

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 121316

Any ideas?

Phil

Lol.... at least start looking the apps properly if you use a smartphone. That app has the color textured at that place that way. This app had been in that kind of design since long.

PhilJW

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I went to the Microsoft store and they opened a new phone, installed the same apps and saw the same problem. Test it yourselves with the flixster app. Half of it is blue then a weird shade of purple. A guy at the store thought maybe the app is not updated for windows mobile 10 and is pulling information for 8.1 and struggling to display colours and images right? Only makes sense, as its random apps.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I went to the Microsoft store and they opened a new phone, installed the same apps and saw the same problem. Test it yourselves with the flixster app. Half of it is blue then a weird shade of purple. A guy at the store thought maybe the app is not updated for windows mobile 10 and is pulling information for 8.1 and struggling to display colours and images right? Only makes sense, as its random apps.
All I wanted to say was - THIS APP IS CREATED LIKE THAT. why are you trying to create a buzz here saying its fault in the phone? when you scroll that app from left to right, you can see the way developer has created it. its called different shades and colors, its not fault in any display..... lol

jbowyer1

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I went to the Microsoft store and they opened a new phone, installed the same apps and saw the same problem. Test it yourselves with the flixster app

You're right... I tested it with Flixster, and the background is messed up like this. Out of curiosity, I checked out Flixster on a few of my other phones (all W10M fast ring,) and it looks like it's a display resolution issue, likely something to do with the older WP8 apps on W10M.

On a 950 (1440p) the background is purple and interlaced-looking, then partially its normal, proper blue on the right-most pivot, the Favorites one. On a 1520 (1080p) it's purple and interlaced on every pivot, only showing the normal blue when transitioning between the Favorites pivot and main one. On both a 640 (720p) and 520 (480p) it's the proper blue everywhere, no purple interlaced seen.

PhilJW

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm not trying to create buzz, the app is not designed like that. Please see the flixster app on your 950, as jbowyer1 has noticed the issue.

jbowyer1, that's what the guy at Microsoft said. That these apps are still pulling display information from 8.1 and I guess are getting lost in translation so to speak.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720