Gmail/google calendar issue 950 XL

ohrigeeta

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Ok..someone out there has got to know this!! I dont even research this much for work lol!! I have been at this for 3 days now with my 1 week old 950xl. I will try to explain the best I can:
1. When I add a Gmail account to outlook its fine but it doesn't sync the google calendar nor does it show the google calendar.
2. If I add the google account(gmail) under the calendar settings, the calendar now shows up but it creates 2 Gmail accounts under email settings: Gmail1 and gmail2. Emails start to go missing and it's not how it should be. If I link gmail1 and gmail2, I see 2 copies of each email in the same place : Annoying.
3. After hours upon hours of reading forums I thought I had figured it out but apparently for 5 min!!
3a. I deleted all gmail accounts from the phone.
3b. I subscribed to gmail calender from the outlook calendar thru my desktop. Went to outlook.com and subscribed to Gmail calendar.
3c. After a rboot it was like magic: Gmail calendar showed up,no duplicate email boxes and all was great....
Until..10 min later..the phone rebooted 2 times on its own and now I dont see the damn gmail calendar again!!! Trust m, I have been reading forums for 3 days now..now I don't know what else tp try!!! PLEASE HELP!!!! Just want my google calendar to show up properly without cresting gmail1 and 2!!!!!

muness

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
When I add my Gmail accounts to outlook their calendars show up as expected. It does take a few minutes though. I have an outlook account, 2 Gmail accounts and an o365 account and their calendars show up. I go to the calendar hamburger menu to disable/enable them.

ohrigeeta

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
No go for me..i have done everything. I have downloaded one calendar today. Ugly but I have my Gmail calendar or else I would miss all my appointments prior to getting this phone. Did you add it as a google account ot pop/imap? Any tips??

muness

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No go for me..i have done everything. I have downloaded one calendar today. Ugly but I have my Gmail calendar or else I would miss all my appointments prior to getting this phone. Did you add it as a google account ot pop/imap? Any tips??

I added my google accounts as google accounts not pop/imap. I think you have to do it that way to pick up calendars.

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Use IMAP settings, only add the email account. You probably have two factor authentication or something setup on GMAIL. Google is horrible at integration, it may take 5-10 times of getting the notification of your account settings are off for it to actually stick. When you setup your google account it should popup a web page where you give google access to your device/ authenticate your device.

ohrigeeta

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Done all that..put in the authentication code and everything. Meh..not worth the effort anymore. Day4 sweating on this crap. Not quite pleased how everything integrates so seamlessly with android and iOS and windows is such a struggle!! Why!!!

muness

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Done all that..put in the authentication code and everything. Meh..not worth the effort anymore. Day4 sweating on this crap. Not quite pleased how everything integrates so seamlessly with android and iOS and windows is such a struggle!! Why!!!

I don't know what to say, it just worked for me and has on my Icon and the 950XL over multiple resets and with multiple google accounts with and without 2FA. Maybe there's some other difference/setting that I'm not thinking of.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

my main email is gmail and I always had no problem since windows 8 mobile... well except for that tiny period where google decided to turn off exchange servers hehehe

I use 2 factor authentication for almost everything too, sms code, voila no big deal. You're setting up by using google account right? If it's new, did you do a factory reset in System - About - Reset your phone? It sounds like something you should do if you're having such a frustrating time for something which shouldn't be a big deal.

ohrigeeta

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I am lost..yes I did set up using google account. And I actually did a hard reset a day after getting it. Officially today is day 8..
Gmail has drained me lol!

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I am lost..yes I did set up using google account. And I actually did a hard reset a day after getting it. Officially today is day 8..
Gmail has drained me lol!

It is definitely not an OS issue and not a device issue. It has something to do about your Google account. Since you requested for screenshot, here are the steps to show how simple it is to sync Google account on Windows Mobile.

1) Go to Settings>Accounts>Your email and accounts and then select "Add an account". You will be shown the following screen.
Step1.png

2. Select "Google" from the above screen shot. Then you will be shown the page below. Use you account details to sign in.
Step2.png

3. After you sign up, your Google account will be added to the account list. That's it. The account is setup with 3 steps.
Step3.png

4. Wait for around 10 secs and open the calendar app. You account will have synced to the calendar app. Below is the screenshot with hamburger menu
Step4.png

5. You will also see all you events in the calendar app. Below is the screenshot.
Step5.png

It works flawlessly. So if you have an issue then please check your Google account.
Hope this helps.

ohrigeeta

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I found a way to add my phone to google sync via my pc and seems to be working for now. Nothing else worked. Let's see how long this lasts! Thanks all for all the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss