Data usage as mobile hotspot

Dasdazu

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I have the Lumia 950, just traded up from 1020.
The data usage meter in the system settings did not pick up the usage while in mobile hotspot mode. It missed 2Gb of cloud sync with my ultrabook.

I have searched forums and spoke to a seemingly knowledgeable person at Microsoft store, who told me he had not heard of this problem.

I checked the Windows Feedback app and there are several other reports of the same. Yet, it is not a big trending item in forums. Tracking data when in hotspot should be a primary function.

Is this so for all 950's and I have to get used to it or is it a fault in just some handsets? If for all, are there any work around or apps that can track data when in mobile hotspot?

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
My colleague has a 930 on 8.1 and still has the same problem, so no, the phone has no problems, it's the way data sense was programmed. You can report this bug in the feedback app and maybe MS can find time to fix it, but I would not trust much hope in them. I've been reporting the wifi performance issues ever since december on 950s, and after so many insider builds and a firmware update, and the issues were still there...so they either don't care or simply like to watch users get angry.

Dasdazu

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. That is my fear (that they don't care) since it is pretty basic error for a smart phone.
I can increase my limit to save the problems, and hope.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo